Skip to main content

uploading news...

Submitted by urgrund on
Forum

hi, can i get a walkthrough on how to post some news?

i attempted numerous times the other day, but my thumbnails would always point to a non-existant file. So, you'd see a tn shot on the front page... but you click on it and that picture browser just shows 'X's for the big pics.

I followed the instructions (which are basic enough) "Upload thumbnails here... " Ok.. "Upload images here..." Ok..

This has also happened to Daedalus' post, I was keen to see those shots! :P

Submitted by souri on Sat, 10/01/04 - 1:28 AM Permalink

I had a look at what you uploaded, and it looks like you've named your larger images incorrectly. This is what you uploaded.

9_ctf1_01.jpg
9_ctf1_01_tn.jpg
9_ctf1_02.jpg
9_ctf1_02_tn.jpg
9_dm01_25.jpg
9_dm01_25_tn.jpg

the naming convention goes like this... your larger image should have an L.jpg at the end, but otherwise should be named the same as the thumbnails So with, say, house.jpg thumbnail, the larger image would be called houseL.jpg ... so with your thumnails called

9_ctf1_01_tn.jpg -> larger image should be named 9_ctf1_01_tnL.jpg
9_ctf1_02_tn.jpg -> 9_ctf1_02_tnL.jpg
9_dm01_25_tn.jpg -> 9_dm01_25_tnL.jpg

And if your news post doesn't turn out quite right, please don't delete it and forget about it - just let me know. It's pretty easy to fix..

** I've just renamed your files correctly, so if you would like to make a news post now, go to the "edit/add news in your journal" link, and write your news.. and just put 9_ctf1_01_tn.jpg, 9_ctf1_02_tn.jpg, 9_dm01_25_tn.jpg in the pic boxs... no need to reupload the pics..

Submitted by souri on Sat, 10/01/04 - 2:46 AM Permalink

9_ctf1_02_tnL.jpg was over 150k so was truncated, btw.. that's why you dont get to see the complete picture. With decent compression, images like these shouldn't really be over 100k..

Posted by urgrund on
Forum

hi, can i get a walkthrough on how to post some news?

i attempted numerous times the other day, but my thumbnails would always point to a non-existant file. So, you'd see a tn shot on the front page... but you click on it and that picture browser just shows 'X's for the big pics.

I followed the instructions (which are basic enough) "Upload thumbnails here... " Ok.. "Upload images here..." Ok..

This has also happened to Daedalus' post, I was keen to see those shots! :P

Submitted by souri on Sat, 10/01/04 - 1:28 AM Permalink

I had a look at what you uploaded, and it looks like you've named your larger images incorrectly. This is what you uploaded.

9_ctf1_01.jpg
9_ctf1_01_tn.jpg
9_ctf1_02.jpg
9_ctf1_02_tn.jpg
9_dm01_25.jpg
9_dm01_25_tn.jpg

the naming convention goes like this... your larger image should have an L.jpg at the end, but otherwise should be named the same as the thumbnails So with, say, house.jpg thumbnail, the larger image would be called houseL.jpg ... so with your thumnails called

9_ctf1_01_tn.jpg -> larger image should be named 9_ctf1_01_tnL.jpg
9_ctf1_02_tn.jpg -> 9_ctf1_02_tnL.jpg
9_dm01_25_tn.jpg -> 9_dm01_25_tnL.jpg

And if your news post doesn't turn out quite right, please don't delete it and forget about it - just let me know. It's pretty easy to fix..

** I've just renamed your files correctly, so if you would like to make a news post now, go to the "edit/add news in your journal" link, and write your news.. and just put 9_ctf1_01_tn.jpg, 9_ctf1_02_tn.jpg, 9_dm01_25_tn.jpg in the pic boxs... no need to reupload the pics..

Submitted by souri on Sat, 10/01/04 - 2:46 AM Permalink

9_ctf1_02_tnL.jpg was over 150k so was truncated, btw.. that's why you dont get to see the complete picture. With decent compression, images like these shouldn't really be over 100k..