Skip to main content

the pit beasts

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

every day a new pit beast for 2 weeks-
[IMG]http://members.optusnet.com.au/altiquex/cryo/lowpitbeasts.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by TyKeiL on Sun, 09/05/04 - 12:26 PM Permalink

ooh lovely art, i like the one of the right most because it feels as if its dangerous but doesnt have the intelligence or manouverability to climb out of the pit,

dont mind if i just make up some story as i go along? ok good.

they guy in the middle is like the overseer and more intelligent warrior/ evolved class of thing, more like the upper class in society commanding the dude on the left who is like some crappy farmer with his pick axe, mabe he digs the holes for the beasts and they farm the ooze and growths that live on the back of the right guy,, but they got to have a good reason for there big horns and teethn stuff,, so i would say there race is very competetive and any fights that are fought the winner has to eat the loser hence the massive horns and teeth,.. i would say that is sufficiant to explaint he existance of these three creatures

grotesque as they are, exept for the middle guy who, as i said, is a more evolved upper class.

great pics,,

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 09/05/04 - 7:09 PM Permalink

Wow. These ones are really cool Alti :)

I really love the body of the creature on the left. His off-centred head and neck make him look like some real nice monstrosity.

Submitted by denz on Sun, 09/05/04 - 7:34 PM Permalink

the one in the middle is quite cool. I'd like to see the character developed a bit more [:)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 09/05/04 - 9:15 PM Permalink

the centre guy is amazing, really well done with him. The guy on the right has an even more "pit beast" feel to him though. Pit beast to me means a savage mindless creature so a weapon weilding creature suggests more intelligence then my steryotypical view of one, but thats just me

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 09/05/04 - 11:19 PM Permalink

Yup nice pics man, the guy on the left does look peon'ish compared to the other 2, in my eyes the character in the centre looks to definately be a right hand man for a boss, or indeed be the boss himself, but as tykiel said the right handed things fits PIT BEAST the most - mostly cos its just a blob with a massive mouth, small useless arms go good with it, and the massive gaping maw looks imposing.

But i have to say if the development was to continue through - id say the guy on the far right needs to look more alive - he looks almost complacent, like he enjoys being locked up in a pit, not being able to get out and eat what ever he wants etc. I know this soudns corny, but put yourself in his position, your jammed in a small area with nothing to eat, after a while youll start getting pretty pissed off... so your on the right tracks - but piss him off a bit more :)

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 10/05/04 - 1:18 AM Permalink

man your art is getting better an better [:)] is good to see someone grow, keep going !!! [:D]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 10/05/04 - 2:17 AM Permalink

like his design and everything but im not fond of overuse of hatching (or whatever you would call the sort of hession pattern in the bg).

again i envision a pit beast as a mindless creature (think back to rome here, lions in the coluseum and such) which is not entirely happy with its surroundings and such. A creature that weilds a weapon suggests intelligence (think of tool using animals and such, not the kinds u find in that situation) and thus not a likely pit dwelling creature (on the grounds it wouldnt be as likely to get caught and it would be able to do something about it). Not quite sure how to word it so i hope that makes sense.

Submitted by denz on Mon, 10/05/04 - 4:49 AM Permalink

heh, that is so gruesome, I love it.

Submitted by ScORCHo on Mon, 10/05/04 - 6:59 PM Permalink

very cool..the last one looks like a buffed up skecksi...

"PLEASE!!? Please make PEACE!!!?" *rips out his spine*....hehe i love it.

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 11/05/04 - 5:16 AM Permalink

woah i bet he got teased in the school playground about his teeth size, THATS why hes living in a pit!!!!

i like it man - cant wait to see day 14 [:D]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 11/05/04 - 5:19 AM Permalink

can you say detail? :P nice work man, more abstract art then conceptual for this one (im sure that was intended).

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 11/05/04 - 5:55 AM Permalink

That?s really quite scary! [:0]
Is it a skull? Or is it just too dark in the pit to make out much detail?

HazarD: I don?t think anyone/anything would be brave enough to give it a hard time about the teeth!

If I have a nightmare tonight, I?m gonna blame you, alti!
Good work. Keep ?em coming!

Submitted by Alti on Tue, 11/05/04 - 10:55 AM Permalink

HazarD > i forsee many a freaky things before day 14 :)
palantir > it's supposed to be a scull/carapace thing for the face and cheek bones- nightmares hey hehehe sorry.

Submitted by Johnn on Wed, 12/05/04 - 3:17 AM Permalink

Some of the texture you get are great! nice to see one thread of thought over several illustrations too.
Keep it up :)

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 12/05/04 - 9:56 AM Permalink

oh man tentacles for a mouth / jaw - thats sickening - you are one sick twisted son of a bitch man, its excellent and i love it!! [:D] remember a few months back i said you should think about making a gothic comic ? man your style and ideas are in a league of their own, im serious. theyre so weird and disgusting, its screams for its own comic!!

Submitted by Alti on Wed, 12/05/04 - 9:59 AM Permalink

i would if a publisher was interested , know anyone ?

Submitted by TyKeiL on Wed, 12/05/04 - 10:40 AM Permalink

hehe, more beasty pitt goodness,, and no im not sniffing!.

that last one is reminiscent of the lake beast from lotr, but only through the surroundings not much the beast itself..

the one with the two maces/clubs looks like he's had half his brain removed,, stitches on the skull it looks like,,

and the third one looks like a walrus gone wrong :O) i like the first one the best so far

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 13/05/04 - 10:00 AM Permalink

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh now thats nice... i like how the evolutionary process is starting to come out - the re use of that big skull with the buck teeth - but with an extra crustacean like head, and those massive arms look nutz. love the little caption also!!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 14/05/04 - 5:09 AM Permalink

wowzee thats a cool one, youve adapted the aquatic theme (whilst keeping your "beast" format) quite well.

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 14/05/04 - 9:07 AM Permalink

Thats some freaky ****
Good :)

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 14/05/04 - 9:51 AM Permalink

what the hell ?!?!? hah!!!!! its like a larva with chicken legs and spiderey legs... thats insane, i would push your work to some publishers man - go down to the local comic ashop and pick up a few goth style comics - find out who publishes and get hold of them - put together a short piece, and show them your style, i think your style is more unique than most.

Submitted by denz on Fri, 14/05/04 - 9:54 AM Permalink

thats gota be my favourite one so far [:D] you have a great imagination

Submitted by Alti on Fri, 14/05/04 - 10:34 AM Permalink

hey thanks - i almost couldn't make it today- i'm doing a few commissioned oil paintings for some people, but don't worry i'l make it to the end of the pit though :)-

mmm terps smelling linseed oil.. yep i'm way back into my traditional media- i'l have to get some shots of it with my camera and upload them :)

-alti

Posted by Anonymous (not verified) on

every day a new pit beast for 2 weeks-
[IMG]http://members.optusnet.com.au/altiquex/cryo/lowpitbeasts.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by TyKeiL on Sun, 09/05/04 - 12:26 PM Permalink

ooh lovely art, i like the one of the right most because it feels as if its dangerous but doesnt have the intelligence or manouverability to climb out of the pit,

dont mind if i just make up some story as i go along? ok good.

they guy in the middle is like the overseer and more intelligent warrior/ evolved class of thing, more like the upper class in society commanding the dude on the left who is like some crappy farmer with his pick axe, mabe he digs the holes for the beasts and they farm the ooze and growths that live on the back of the right guy,, but they got to have a good reason for there big horns and teethn stuff,, so i would say there race is very competetive and any fights that are fought the winner has to eat the loser hence the massive horns and teeth,.. i would say that is sufficiant to explaint he existance of these three creatures

grotesque as they are, exept for the middle guy who, as i said, is a more evolved upper class.

great pics,,

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 09/05/04 - 7:09 PM Permalink

Wow. These ones are really cool Alti :)

I really love the body of the creature on the left. His off-centred head and neck make him look like some real nice monstrosity.

Submitted by denz on Sun, 09/05/04 - 7:34 PM Permalink

the one in the middle is quite cool. I'd like to see the character developed a bit more [:)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 09/05/04 - 9:15 PM Permalink

the centre guy is amazing, really well done with him. The guy on the right has an even more "pit beast" feel to him though. Pit beast to me means a savage mindless creature so a weapon weilding creature suggests more intelligence then my steryotypical view of one, but thats just me

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 09/05/04 - 11:19 PM Permalink

Yup nice pics man, the guy on the left does look peon'ish compared to the other 2, in my eyes the character in the centre looks to definately be a right hand man for a boss, or indeed be the boss himself, but as tykiel said the right handed things fits PIT BEAST the most - mostly cos its just a blob with a massive mouth, small useless arms go good with it, and the massive gaping maw looks imposing.

But i have to say if the development was to continue through - id say the guy on the far right needs to look more alive - he looks almost complacent, like he enjoys being locked up in a pit, not being able to get out and eat what ever he wants etc. I know this soudns corny, but put yourself in his position, your jammed in a small area with nothing to eat, after a while youll start getting pretty pissed off... so your on the right tracks - but piss him off a bit more :)

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 10/05/04 - 1:18 AM Permalink

man your art is getting better an better [:)] is good to see someone grow, keep going !!! [:D]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 10/05/04 - 2:17 AM Permalink

like his design and everything but im not fond of overuse of hatching (or whatever you would call the sort of hession pattern in the bg).

again i envision a pit beast as a mindless creature (think back to rome here, lions in the coluseum and such) which is not entirely happy with its surroundings and such. A creature that weilds a weapon suggests intelligence (think of tool using animals and such, not the kinds u find in that situation) and thus not a likely pit dwelling creature (on the grounds it wouldnt be as likely to get caught and it would be able to do something about it). Not quite sure how to word it so i hope that makes sense.

Submitted by denz on Mon, 10/05/04 - 4:49 AM Permalink

heh, that is so gruesome, I love it.

Submitted by ScORCHo on Mon, 10/05/04 - 6:59 PM Permalink

very cool..the last one looks like a buffed up skecksi...

"PLEASE!!? Please make PEACE!!!?" *rips out his spine*....hehe i love it.

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 11/05/04 - 5:16 AM Permalink

woah i bet he got teased in the school playground about his teeth size, THATS why hes living in a pit!!!!

i like it man - cant wait to see day 14 [:D]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 11/05/04 - 5:19 AM Permalink

can you say detail? :P nice work man, more abstract art then conceptual for this one (im sure that was intended).

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 11/05/04 - 5:55 AM Permalink

That?s really quite scary! [:0]
Is it a skull? Or is it just too dark in the pit to make out much detail?

HazarD: I don?t think anyone/anything would be brave enough to give it a hard time about the teeth!

If I have a nightmare tonight, I?m gonna blame you, alti!
Good work. Keep ?em coming!

Submitted by Alti on Tue, 11/05/04 - 10:55 AM Permalink

HazarD > i forsee many a freaky things before day 14 :)
palantir > it's supposed to be a scull/carapace thing for the face and cheek bones- nightmares hey hehehe sorry.

Submitted by Johnn on Wed, 12/05/04 - 3:17 AM Permalink

Some of the texture you get are great! nice to see one thread of thought over several illustrations too.
Keep it up :)

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 12/05/04 - 9:56 AM Permalink

oh man tentacles for a mouth / jaw - thats sickening - you are one sick twisted son of a bitch man, its excellent and i love it!! [:D] remember a few months back i said you should think about making a gothic comic ? man your style and ideas are in a league of their own, im serious. theyre so weird and disgusting, its screams for its own comic!!

Submitted by Alti on Wed, 12/05/04 - 9:59 AM Permalink

i would if a publisher was interested , know anyone ?

Submitted by TyKeiL on Wed, 12/05/04 - 10:40 AM Permalink

hehe, more beasty pitt goodness,, and no im not sniffing!.

that last one is reminiscent of the lake beast from lotr, but only through the surroundings not much the beast itself..

the one with the two maces/clubs looks like he's had half his brain removed,, stitches on the skull it looks like,,

and the third one looks like a walrus gone wrong :O) i like the first one the best so far

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 13/05/04 - 10:00 AM Permalink

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh now thats nice... i like how the evolutionary process is starting to come out - the re use of that big skull with the buck teeth - but with an extra crustacean like head, and those massive arms look nutz. love the little caption also!!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 14/05/04 - 5:09 AM Permalink

wowzee thats a cool one, youve adapted the aquatic theme (whilst keeping your "beast" format) quite well.

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 14/05/04 - 9:07 AM Permalink

Thats some freaky ****
Good :)

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 14/05/04 - 9:51 AM Permalink

what the hell ?!?!? hah!!!!! its like a larva with chicken legs and spiderey legs... thats insane, i would push your work to some publishers man - go down to the local comic ashop and pick up a few goth style comics - find out who publishes and get hold of them - put together a short piece, and show them your style, i think your style is more unique than most.

Submitted by denz on Fri, 14/05/04 - 9:54 AM Permalink

thats gota be my favourite one so far [:D] you have a great imagination

Submitted by Alti on Fri, 14/05/04 - 10:34 AM Permalink

hey thanks - i almost couldn't make it today- i'm doing a few commissioned oil paintings for some people, but don't worry i'l make it to the end of the pit though :)-

mmm terps smelling linseed oil.. yep i'm way back into my traditional media- i'l have to get some shots of it with my camera and upload them :)

-alti