Skip to main content

Face texture

Submitted by Makk on

Had a go at doing some textureing for a high poly model. Please note that the model is NOT mine, I just textured it.
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/face1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/face2.jpg[/img]

She is supposed to look like a young women about 20 years old.

It turned out pretty good, its the first time I have used bump, colour and spec maps. All of which were 1024x1024 in size.

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 12/03/04 - 5:26 AM Permalink

looking good, I'd say maybe play around with the lip colour and its gradient in from the lower lip line. Also, toy with adding pinker/redder tones to areas such as the lower nose, and ears, as well as any thin place

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 12/03/04 - 5:42 AM Permalink

woah thats really nice makk!

Below the nose and around the chin area looks a whole bunch more yellow than anywhere else tho, but thats getting pretty picky [;)]

Sweet job man.

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 12/03/04 - 5:57 AM Permalink

I actually thought it was just a very feminine male at first. The texture is looking really good at the moment.

It is difficult to tell with such uniform lighting, but her specularity map looks very even. Her nose, forehead, cheeks and chin should be slightly more specular.

It also looks like the outer sides of her bottom eyelids should have more of a crease. It starts off nicely on the inner side, and then just becomes flat.

Other than that, it looks really nice. I really love the small blemish/pimple on her right cheek :)

Submitted by Makk on Sat, 13/03/04 - 12:45 AM Permalink

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Styles: Yeah the lip colour is abit half assed, I could probably put more into it. I wanted the red areas to be subtle, so I didnt put awhole lot of colour anywhere else.

Hazard: Thanks man. It probably is a bit too yellowish above the mouth.

Aven: I never really thought about making the spec uneven, it makes sense though. I didnt want a whole lot of creases as she is supposed to look fairly young. Heh, that little blemish on the cheek is one of my fav bits too! :)

I rendered this in MAX 4 with the defualt light setup. Also I changed the shader for the materials from Blinn to Anisotropic, that made a pretty big difference in the way it rendered the spec.
Anyway, I dunno if I'll do any more to her.
I'd love to texture an elderly person, since they have more wrinkles, etc. but probably wont find a free model with mapping.

Posted by Makk on

Had a go at doing some textureing for a high poly model. Please note that the model is NOT mine, I just textured it.
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/face1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/face2.jpg[/img]

She is supposed to look like a young women about 20 years old.

It turned out pretty good, its the first time I have used bump, colour and spec maps. All of which were 1024x1024 in size.

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 12/03/04 - 5:26 AM Permalink

looking good, I'd say maybe play around with the lip colour and its gradient in from the lower lip line. Also, toy with adding pinker/redder tones to areas such as the lower nose, and ears, as well as any thin place

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 12/03/04 - 5:42 AM Permalink

woah thats really nice makk!

Below the nose and around the chin area looks a whole bunch more yellow than anywhere else tho, but thats getting pretty picky [;)]

Sweet job man.

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 12/03/04 - 5:57 AM Permalink

I actually thought it was just a very feminine male at first. The texture is looking really good at the moment.

It is difficult to tell with such uniform lighting, but her specularity map looks very even. Her nose, forehead, cheeks and chin should be slightly more specular.

It also looks like the outer sides of her bottom eyelids should have more of a crease. It starts off nicely on the inner side, and then just becomes flat.

Other than that, it looks really nice. I really love the small blemish/pimple on her right cheek :)

Submitted by Makk on Sat, 13/03/04 - 12:45 AM Permalink

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Styles: Yeah the lip colour is abit half assed, I could probably put more into it. I wanted the red areas to be subtle, so I didnt put awhole lot of colour anywhere else.

Hazard: Thanks man. It probably is a bit too yellowish above the mouth.

Aven: I never really thought about making the spec uneven, it makes sense though. I didnt want a whole lot of creases as she is supposed to look fairly young. Heh, that little blemish on the cheek is one of my fav bits too! :)

I rendered this in MAX 4 with the defualt light setup. Also I changed the shader for the materials from Blinn to Anisotropic, that made a pretty big difference in the way it rendered the spec.
Anyway, I dunno if I'll do any more to her.
I'd love to texture an elderly person, since they have more wrinkles, etc. but probably wont find a free model with mapping.