Skip to main content

Tank

Submitted by Matt on
Submitted by Makk on Thu, 13/05/04 - 7:22 AM Permalink

Agian very nice. Welcome to the boards, btw
Textures could use some overlays to give a more realistic and less "painted" look.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 13/05/04 - 7:26 AM Permalink

Now thats some nice work matt [:)] and i can only see one thing that niggles me, and that is - if you look at the texture space youve allowed for the turret vs the size you have allowed for the track housings, its about half, yet the track housings and turret are relatively the same size.

In that closeup shot you can see it a bit more clearly - the tracks look alot more blurry compared to any other part of the tank, especially the bolts etc.

But as i said, thats some nice work - i really like the texture - nice colours, they make the tank look really solid!! good job! [:D]

edit : ive just noted something else - when using default photoshop bevels / embossing - make sure you follow through using the one lightsource - ive noticed that the bolts on the tanks have different shadows [:D]

Submitted by Matt on Thu, 13/05/04 - 7:40 AM Permalink

Thanks for the feedback guys... [:)]
This tank model will be shipping in the next version of 3ds max (7) as I used it in one of the new tuts I did for Discreet.

I am thinking about doing some more work on the model/textures and then having a go at animating it.

Submitted by Stu on Thu, 13/05/04 - 5:08 PM Permalink

Nice work dude, I love the concept. How many poly's is it?

Stu

P.S. You write tuts for discreet, you rock dude.

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 13/05/04 - 6:25 PM Permalink

Once again, it is awesome a walking tank give it to the u.s they'll probably mmake one. That is one of the coolest tanks i've ever seen.

Submitted by Rahnem on Thu, 13/05/04 - 9:08 PM Permalink

I like it. Nice design, seems like a good idea for a semi amphibious tank. Looks like the start of a great UT2004 mod. You could use the spacebar to raise the tank and the left shift to lower it.

Posted by Matt on

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 13/05/04 - 7:22 AM Permalink

Agian very nice. Welcome to the boards, btw
Textures could use some overlays to give a more realistic and less "painted" look.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 13/05/04 - 7:26 AM Permalink

Now thats some nice work matt [:)] and i can only see one thing that niggles me, and that is - if you look at the texture space youve allowed for the turret vs the size you have allowed for the track housings, its about half, yet the track housings and turret are relatively the same size.

In that closeup shot you can see it a bit more clearly - the tracks look alot more blurry compared to any other part of the tank, especially the bolts etc.

But as i said, thats some nice work - i really like the texture - nice colours, they make the tank look really solid!! good job! [:D]

edit : ive just noted something else - when using default photoshop bevels / embossing - make sure you follow through using the one lightsource - ive noticed that the bolts on the tanks have different shadows [:D]

Submitted by Matt on Thu, 13/05/04 - 7:40 AM Permalink

Thanks for the feedback guys... [:)]
This tank model will be shipping in the next version of 3ds max (7) as I used it in one of the new tuts I did for Discreet.

I am thinking about doing some more work on the model/textures and then having a go at animating it.

Submitted by Stu on Thu, 13/05/04 - 5:08 PM Permalink

Nice work dude, I love the concept. How many poly's is it?

Stu

P.S. You write tuts for discreet, you rock dude.

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 13/05/04 - 6:25 PM Permalink

Once again, it is awesome a walking tank give it to the u.s they'll probably mmake one. That is one of the coolest tanks i've ever seen.

Submitted by Rahnem on Thu, 13/05/04 - 9:08 PM Permalink

I like it. Nice design, seems like a good idea for a semi amphibious tank. Looks like the start of a great UT2004 mod. You could use the spacebar to raise the tank and the left shift to lower it.