Skip to main content

Submitted by inglis on
Forum

avatar url field in your profile.
so you can upload your avatar to your own webspace and just type it in and it will work.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 14/01/03 - 9:43 AM Permalink

I try not to mess with the forum code unless I'm adding modifications, and the current avatar modification doesn't do user avatar uploads, unfortunately. There are other modifications that do allow avatar uploads, but for me to get rid of the current one (going through all the code that I've pasted in and removing them) is such a huge pain in the butt.. Just send me the avatar pic at sumea@hotmail.com wit hthe subject header as *****AVATAR PIC****, and I'll put it up for you. [:)] 64x64 pixels..

Submitted by bouncy roo on Tue, 14/01/03 - 12:45 PM Permalink

lol once you know you have a good forum running you shouldn't ever tamper too much with the code otherwise it could blow up out of frustration and the cause you alot of headaches when you have to rebuild it all :) so no touchy I say[:I]

quote:Originally posted by Souri

I try not to mess with the forum code unless I'm adding modifications, and the current avatar modification doesn't do user avatar uploads, unfortunately. There are other modifications that do allow avatar uploads, but for me to get rid of the current one (going through all the code that I've pasted in and removing them) is such a huge pain in the butt.. Just send me the avatar pic at sumea@hotmail.com wit hthe subject header as *****AVATAR PIC****, and I'll put it up for you. [:)] 64x64 pixels..

//Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve. \(anon)

Submitted by souri on Tue, 14/01/03 - 12:49 PM Permalink

Teeellllllll me about it.. I've added the 'who's online' and 'avatar' code to the forums, and it required tonnes and tonnes and tonnes of code replacing / changing.. I'm surprised that nothing has crashed and burned yet. I'm a bit hesitant to add any more cool stuff to the forum, although they're all a bit gimicky.... you know, voting polls etc..

Submitted by bouncy roo on Tue, 14/01/03 - 8:31 PM Permalink

codes are so testi :) they get all tempermental and muck up if you try add something cool of course that's usually because I do something wrong *grin* lol have you eve made a really bad typing mistake whilst coding! hahhahahha I have and i ended up restarting my computer cos of it.[:)]

Teeellllllll me about it.. I've added the 'who's online' and 'avatar' code to the forums, and it required tonnes and tonnes and tonnes of code replacing / changing.. I'm surprised that nothing has crashed and burned yet. I'm a bit hesitant to add any more cool stuff to the forum, although they're all a bit gimicky.... you know, voting polls etc..

Posted by inglis on
Forum

avatar url field in your profile.
so you can upload your avatar to your own webspace and just type it in and it will work.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 14/01/03 - 9:43 AM Permalink

Submitted by bouncy roo on Tue, 14/01/03 - 12:45 PM Permalink

lol once you know you have a good forum running you shouldn't ever tamper too much with the code otherwise it could blow up out of frustration and the cause you alot of headaches when you have to rebuild it all :) so no touchy I say[:I]

Submitted by souri on Tue, 14/01/03 - 12:49 PM Permalink

Submitted by bouncy roo on Tue, 14/01/03 - 8:31 PM Permalink

codes are so testi :) they get all tempermental and muck up if you try add something cool of course that's usually because I do something wrong *grin* lol have you eve made a really bad typing mistake whilst coding! hahhahahha I have and i ended up restarting my computer cos of it.[:)]