Skip to main content

SpaceCraft (ArtTest)

Submitted by Gibbz on
Submitted by Aven on Sat, 14/08/04 - 6:47 PM Permalink

A very interesting design. Defenitely looks like something I would expect to see in an Asteroids remake. The vapor trail effect really makes it.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 14/08/04 - 8:41 PM Permalink

looks pretty neat, its good to see a ship that isnt sort of following a Xwing type design yet is still feasible.

Submitted by Gibbz on Sat, 14/08/04 - 8:59 PM Permalink

Thanks, tho its not my design, only model and texture :)
its 3.1k triangles

Submitted by Idaho on Sat, 14/08/04 - 9:13 PM Permalink

Can we see a wire Bron?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 14/08/04 - 11:00 PM Permalink

the closer one, the one behind looks dull in comparison (note: in comparison, dosent look dull entirely but the one infront stand out from the two).

Submitted by Idaho on Mon, 16/08/04 - 8:46 PM Permalink

The tip of the tail seems to kink off, maybe you could align some of the verts to allow it to follow the flowing curve of the tail. Also I know this might take you over budget, but you really need some kind of detail in the cockpit even if its just a silouette.

Submitted by Gibbz on Mon, 16/08/04 - 9:48 PM Permalink

the tail, you mean from the side view or from the top view?
putting a silouette in the cockpit i dont think would help much as its very dark in there anyway and if it was like a sprite you would only see it from certain angles...?

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 16/08/04 - 10:13 PM Permalink

Nice Model - a question, do the trails retract and expand depending on thrust and how would they handle thrust direction ?

Submitted by Gibbz on Mon, 16/08/04 - 10:17 PM Permalink

ive only put them on there(and the plsama fx) for looks, theyre on the concept art so i decided i should put them on just to get an idea for it....
I would guess they would be simmilar to how the trails work in games such as homeworld, theyre controlled in the game engine and theyre kind of like tyre trails as they fade out but follow your path... if that makes sence :P

Posted by Gibbz on

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 14/08/04 - 6:47 PM Permalink

A very interesting design. Defenitely looks like something I would expect to see in an Asteroids remake. The vapor trail effect really makes it.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 14/08/04 - 8:41 PM Permalink

looks pretty neat, its good to see a ship that isnt sort of following a Xwing type design yet is still feasible.

Submitted by Gibbz on Sat, 14/08/04 - 8:59 PM Permalink

Thanks, tho its not my design, only model and texture :)
its 3.1k triangles

Submitted by Idaho on Sat, 14/08/04 - 9:13 PM Permalink

Can we see a wire Bron?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 14/08/04 - 11:00 PM Permalink

the closer one, the one behind looks dull in comparison (note: in comparison, dosent look dull entirely but the one infront stand out from the two).

Submitted by Idaho on Mon, 16/08/04 - 8:46 PM Permalink

The tip of the tail seems to kink off, maybe you could align some of the verts to allow it to follow the flowing curve of the tail. Also I know this might take you over budget, but you really need some kind of detail in the cockpit even if its just a silouette.

Submitted by Gibbz on Mon, 16/08/04 - 9:48 PM Permalink

the tail, you mean from the side view or from the top view?
putting a silouette in the cockpit i dont think would help much as its very dark in there anyway and if it was like a sprite you would only see it from certain angles...?

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 16/08/04 - 10:13 PM Permalink

Nice Model - a question, do the trails retract and expand depending on thrust and how would they handle thrust direction ?

Submitted by Gibbz on Mon, 16/08/04 - 10:17 PM Permalink

ive only put them on there(and the plsama fx) for looks, theyre on the concept art so i decided i should put them on just to get an idea for it....
I would guess they would be simmilar to how the trails work in games such as homeworld, theyre controlled in the game engine and theyre kind of like tyre trails as they fade out but follow your path... if that makes sence :P