Skip to main content

Gun Play

Submitted by Pantmonger on

[img]http://home.iprimus.com.au/evilbunny/MTemp/ambergunswip.jpg[/img]

Never been real keen on weapons, as such I think I have made a sum total of 2 gun models before this one. However for the Game Icon model I'm making for the CG Talk comp I needed a gun.
So here it is, The texture on this wont be done till the character is finished due to texture limits.

Feed back would be good.

The gun is only loosly based on a real weapon (many changes)

Pantmonger

Submitted by Brain on Tue, 17/06/03 - 12:58 AM Permalink

Nice work there dude! Seeing it textured will be a treat. Only thing I can comment on is that the grip looks a tad short. However, it may fit your model perfectly, so take that with a grain o' salt.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Tue, 17/06/03 - 2:24 AM Permalink

Thanks, you are prob right about the length of the grip, (shows how much I know about guns) After I make the character model I'll see how it fits and change it if it is too short.

Thanks again.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 17/06/03 - 5:06 AM Permalink

Argh Pants is modelling weapons, lol.
Looks cool man, Amber will kick butt with that gun, I like the laser sight.
Have you modelled it so the lever action works?

Submitted by Pantmonger on Tue, 17/06/03 - 7:51 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Malus

If by that you mean, does the top bit slide back, then yes it does.

I'm so gun illeterate. [?]

Pantmonger

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 17/06/03 - 10:38 PM Permalink

Yep thats what I meant [:)]

You dirty pacifist, every boy should have learnt how to clean and load a gun in 20 seconds by the age of 4, what are ya, soft?!
*hhhhhoooi-k, splat* Malus hocks up a manly lugey while adjusting his boys.

Submitted by Ionized on Wed, 18/06/03 - 4:51 AM Permalink

Looks great. Only thing I would say is that the laser scope could be a bit bigger. I was watching predator 2 the other night and I noticed those things were pretty big, even bigger than the gun barrel in most cases.

Other than that, it looks sweet man.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 18/06/03 - 5:23 AM Permalink

Malus: Cool, I learned-ed somethun new. :)

Ionized: Thanks, I'm keeping the scope at that size, the character is from a short while into the future so the electronics have gotten smaller, at least that my justification cause I like the way it looks.

Brain: Just modeled the characters hand and yeah the grip is to short, it will be made longer.

Pantmonger

Posted by Pantmonger on

[img]http://home.iprimus.com.au/evilbunny/MTemp/ambergunswip.jpg[/img]

Never been real keen on weapons, as such I think I have made a sum total of 2 gun models before this one. However for the Game Icon model I'm making for the CG Talk comp I needed a gun.
So here it is, The texture on this wont be done till the character is finished due to texture limits.

Feed back would be good.

The gun is only loosly based on a real weapon (many changes)

Pantmonger

Submitted by Brain on Tue, 17/06/03 - 12:58 AM Permalink

Nice work there dude! Seeing it textured will be a treat. Only thing I can comment on is that the grip looks a tad short. However, it may fit your model perfectly, so take that with a grain o' salt.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Tue, 17/06/03 - 2:24 AM Permalink

Thanks, you are prob right about the length of the grip, (shows how much I know about guns) After I make the character model I'll see how it fits and change it if it is too short.

Thanks again.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 17/06/03 - 5:06 AM Permalink

Argh Pants is modelling weapons, lol.
Looks cool man, Amber will kick butt with that gun, I like the laser sight.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Tue, 17/06/03 - 7:51 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Malus

If by that you mean, does the top bit slide back, then yes it does.

I'm so gun illeterate. [?]

Pantmonger

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 17/06/03 - 10:38 PM Permalink

Yep thats what I meant [:)]

You dirty pacifist, every boy should have learnt how to clean and load a gun in 20 seconds by the age of 4, what are ya, soft?!
*hhhhhoooi-k, splat* Malus hocks up a manly lugey while adjusting his boys.

Submitted by Ionized on Wed, 18/06/03 - 4:51 AM Permalink

Looks great. Only thing I would say is that the laser scope could be a bit bigger. I was watching predator 2 the other night and I noticed those things were pretty big, even bigger than the gun barrel in most cases.

Other than that, it looks sweet man.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 18/06/03 - 5:23 AM Permalink

Malus: Cool, I learned-ed somethun new. :)

Ionized: Thanks, I'm keeping the scope at that size, the character is from a short while into the future so the electronics have gotten smaller, at least that my justification cause I like the way it looks.

Brain: Just modeled the characters hand and yeah the grip is to short, it will be made longer.

Pantmonger