Skip to main content

work (updated again).

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 16/10/03 - 10:25 AM Permalink

Wicked man!! awesome portfolio as well!!

man i thought my art was something to be proud of,.. but im kinda shy to reveal it!,. now that ive seen some of the talent around,.. ive got a looooooooooong way to go!

that second picture down,.. man... that must hurt,.. sickening,.. disgusting,.. but i love it,.. also the work in your portfolio is awesome,.. keep up the insane art [:)]

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 16/10/03 - 10:31 PM Permalink

Yes, yes and oh yeah!
Totally dig the big bulkyness of that first guy :)
Second one looks a little unclear, although it looks like it might hurt.
Nice texturing on the third.
Keep it up :)

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Thu, 16/10/03 - 11:05 PM Permalink

I really like your style - it seems to have some random elements to it that works well.

To be honest, I find some bits to be indistinct which can make it hard to work out what is going on.

I like your hatching style tho'. Good stuff - maybe finish a few more pictures off?

NB - I'm only talking about the pic on here, not in the portfolio.

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 17/10/03 - 12:33 AM Permalink

Awesome style man. absolutely wicked. no complaints here.

Submitted by Alti on Fri, 17/10/03 - 4:20 AM Permalink

ok here's another that you might get into, it's a new tecnique i've been working on with my new computer/

it's strange but it's really growing on me.

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/altiquex/face.jpg[/img]

o btw i need work soo bad - so if anyone knows anyone interested *wink wink*

Submitted by Alti on Fri, 17/10/03 - 4:29 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Makk

i like to think of these as pre vis concepts, something that i'd later come back to and draw a detainled sketch from.
glad you liked those textures.

quote:Originally posted by JonathanKerr

I really like your style - it seems to have some random elements to it that works well.

To be honest, I find some bits to be indistinct which can make it hard to work out what is going on.

I like your hatching style tho'. Good stuff - maybe finish a few more pictures off?

it took me a while to figure out what was going on aswell,
i don't really work with any reference, and the ideas are usually sketched first on the train home at night-
i sometimes think that randomness looks more natural, but i know what you mean still, :) cheers for the feedback so far- there are more coming after this weekend .

Submitted by Alti on Fri, 17/10/03 - 4:33 AM Permalink

i'd like to add this site and forum into my link section of my portfolio too, could we perhaps do a linkage trade off :)

www.alticoncept.tk

Submitted by cutty on Fri, 17/10/03 - 5:38 AM Permalink

Hey, nice work!
Like the first one especially.

heh. Just looked at your profile..that's certainly miles better artwork than i was doing at 13.

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 17/10/03 - 5:47 AM Permalink

sumea doesnt have a links section alti.

nice work. i would like to see the first one completed.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Fri, 17/10/03 - 5:53 AM Permalink

quote:heh. Just looked at your profile..that's certainly miles better artwork than i was doing at 13.

Thats just the forum default age, and for some reason it sometimes just does not want to change, I think im 13 as well.

Pantmonger

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 17/10/03 - 6:12 AM Permalink

well, im 19. so youll do what i say!! :D

[edit] ignore this post. its rather pointless

Submitted by Alti on Fri, 17/10/03 - 6:31 AM Permalink

haha i'm 19, but i'l still take your compliment :)

Submitted by Malus on Sat, 18/10/03 - 12:05 AM Permalink

I like the first one.
Another fan of warhammer me thinks? [:)]

Keep it up.

Submitted by Jason on Sat, 18/10/03 - 5:52 AM Permalink

How strange... I was going to go to Gymea Tech too. But ended up not going there. Probably would have been in your grade too! lol.
Anyway, nice art, I really like the last one you just posted. I love the varying line qualities :D

Submitted by Alti on Sat, 18/10/03 - 10:52 AM Permalink

hye, you must be a local then, get a beer some time, chat, art and play pool.

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 18/10/03 - 6:06 PM Permalink

beautiful work again, and i just had a look at your site. i really like the design and the gallery is especially nice (first pic is awesome). the only complaint with the site is that the main buttons are a little distracting and frustrating. when you roll over them, they snap to a new position to show the rollover animation. would there be much of a chance of having that fixed so that the buttons stay in the same place when the animations play? other than that, very nice.

Submitted by Alti on Sat, 18/10/03 - 10:20 PM Permalink

hey Aven >
thanks for checking out my site, the buttons are a little strange, but that site has been distracting me fiercly when i should be working, so i walked away from messing with the interface as soon as i finished it, i'm concentrating on filling it with more content, like some of the images here will make it in, but i just need to find the time to update the dam thing :)

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 20/10/03 - 9:53 AM Permalink

do you think you could put some of these through some more passes with a smaller brush to give us some more detail?

Submitted by nealb4me on Mon, 20/10/03 - 8:02 PM Permalink

I kinda like the detail in simplicity thing going here

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 21/10/03 - 8:23 AM Permalink

I had a look at your portfolio, your work is nice.
However when I look through your portfolio one thing keeps coming up. That is, most of these dont look like finished concepts/illustrations. They look good, yes, but they look like sketchbook work. Like inglis suggested, going over these with smaller brushes is one thing that you could do. Another would be to put more into your colours, most of them look like you have just started by blocking in the shapes/values.
I think you have the talent to make some really good work, one that potential employees would see as of professional standard. By refining your concepts further, I think you could take your art to the next level.
Im not saying that your work is bad, no, hell no and I dont mean to sound harsh or negative, I just feel that you could use some more refined work in your portfolio.

Submitted by Alti on Tue, 21/10/03 - 9:06 AM Permalink

i agree entirly :)

sketching everyday to try and tighten up my concepts, just wait until i link up my new prospective works. i think you'l like them, they arn't rough at all.
anyways, thnks for sharing :)

Submitted by Alti on Tue, 21/10/03 - 9:08 AM Permalink

i myself don't really see any of my art as finished,
someone once said an artist never truly finishes an artwork, he mearly abbandons it.

Posted by Anonymous (not verified) on

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 16/10/03 - 10:25 AM Permalink

Wicked man!! awesome portfolio as well!!

man i thought my art was something to be proud of,.. but im kinda shy to reveal it!,. now that ive seen some of the talent around,.. ive got a looooooooooong way to go!

that second picture down,.. man... that must hurt,.. sickening,.. disgusting,.. but i love it,.. also the work in your portfolio is awesome,.. keep up the insane art [:)]

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 16/10/03 - 10:31 PM Permalink

Yes, yes and oh yeah!
Totally dig the big bulkyness of that first guy :)

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Thu, 16/10/03 - 11:05 PM Permalink

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 17/10/03 - 12:33 AM Permalink

Awesome style man. absolutely wicked. no complaints here.

Submitted by Alti on Fri, 17/10/03 - 4:20 AM Permalink

ok here's another that you might get into, it's a new tecnique i've been working on with my new computer/

it's strange but it's really growing on me.

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/altiquex/face.jpg[/img]

o btw i need work soo bad - so if anyone knows anyone interested *wink wink*

Submitted by Alti on Fri, 17/10/03 - 4:29 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Makk

i like to think of these as pre vis concepts, something that i'd later come back to and draw a detainled sketch from.
glad you liked those textures.

quote:Originally posted by JonathanKerr

it took me a while to figure out what was going on aswell,
i don't really work with any reference, and the ideas are usually sketched first on the train home at night-
i sometimes think that randomness looks more natural, but i know what you mean still, :) cheers for the feedback so far- there are more coming after this weekend .

Submitted by Alti on Fri, 17/10/03 - 4:33 AM Permalink

i'd like to add this site and forum into my link section of my portfolio too, could we perhaps do a linkage trade off :)

www.alticoncept.tk

Submitted by cutty on Fri, 17/10/03 - 5:38 AM Permalink

Hey, nice work!
Like the first one especially.

heh. Just looked at your profile..that's certainly miles better artwork than i was doing at 13.

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 17/10/03 - 5:47 AM Permalink

sumea doesnt have a links section alti.

nice work. i would like to see the first one completed.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Fri, 17/10/03 - 5:53 AM Permalink

quote:heh. Just looked at your profile..that's certainly miles better artwork than i was doing at 13.

Thats just the forum default age, and for some reason it sometimes just does not want to change, I think im 13 as well.

Pantmonger

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 17/10/03 - 6:12 AM Permalink

well, im 19. so youll do what i say!! :D

[edit] ignore this post. its rather pointless

Submitted by Alti on Fri, 17/10/03 - 6:31 AM Permalink

haha i'm 19, but i'l still take your compliment :)

Submitted by Malus on Sat, 18/10/03 - 12:05 AM Permalink

I like the first one.
Another fan of warhammer me thinks? [:)]

Keep it up.

Submitted by Jason on Sat, 18/10/03 - 5:52 AM Permalink

How strange... I was going to go to Gymea Tech too. But ended up not going there. Probably would have been in your grade too! lol.
Anyway, nice art, I really like the last one you just posted. I love the varying line qualities :D

Submitted by Alti on Sat, 18/10/03 - 10:52 AM Permalink

hye, you must be a local then, get a beer some time, chat, art and play pool.

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 18/10/03 - 6:06 PM Permalink

beautiful work again, and i just had a look at your site. i really like the design and the gallery is especially nice (first pic is awesome). the only complaint with the site is that the main buttons are a little distracting and frustrating. when you roll over them, they snap to a new position to show the rollover animation. would there be much of a chance of having that fixed so that the buttons stay in the same place when the animations play? other than that, very nice.

Submitted by Alti on Sat, 18/10/03 - 10:20 PM Permalink

hey Aven >
thanks for checking out my site, the buttons are a little strange, but that site has been distracting me fiercly when i should be working, so i walked away from messing with the interface as soon as i finished it, i'm concentrating on filling it with more content, like some of the images here will make it in, but i just need to find the time to update the dam thing :)

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 20/10/03 - 9:53 AM Permalink

do you think you could put some of these through some more passes with a smaller brush to give us some more detail?

Submitted by nealb4me on Mon, 20/10/03 - 8:02 PM Permalink

I kinda like the detail in simplicity thing going here

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 21/10/03 - 8:23 AM Permalink

I had a look at your portfolio, your work is nice.
However when I look through your portfolio one thing keeps coming up. That is, most of these dont look like finished concepts/illustrations. They look good, yes, but they look like sketchbook work. Like inglis suggested, going over these with smaller brushes is one thing that you could do. Another would be to put more into your colours, most of them look like you have just started by blocking in the shapes/values.
I think you have the talent to make some really good work, one that potential employees would see as of professional standard. By refining your concepts further, I think you could take your art to the next level.
Im not saying that your work is bad, no, hell no and I dont mean to sound harsh or negative, I just feel that you could use some more refined work in your portfolio.

Submitted by Alti on Tue, 21/10/03 - 9:06 AM Permalink

i agree entirly :)

sketching everyday to try and tighten up my concepts, just wait until i link up my new prospective works. i think you'l like them, they arn't rough at all.
anyways, thnks for sharing :)

Submitted by Alti on Tue, 21/10/03 - 9:08 AM Permalink

i myself don't really see any of my art as finished,
someone once said an artist never truly finishes an artwork, he mearly abbandons it.