Skip to main content

ninja

Submitted by RasTuS on

[img]http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v193/rastus/ninja2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v193/rastus/text.jpg[/img]

he is about 2770 tri's
working on the texture now i know i suck at textureing i normally dont get this far but i realy want to finish the guy off

Submitted by denz on Mon, 17/05/04 - 7:33 PM Permalink

hey mate, thats looking really solid so far. Poly usage on the model is pretty good as I can see and the texture is coming along nicely. Keep it goin [:)] Oh and for the character, I think he looks pretty damn cool but I'm a sucker for ninjas [:D]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 18/05/04 - 1:33 AM Permalink

who isnt a sucker for ninjas :P
good stuff man, theres been so many dodgy ninja models made (as they are a popular character as you would no doubt know) but yours is really good, make sure to show us the final render!

Submitted by RasTuS on Tue, 18/05/04 - 2:13 AM Permalink

yeah spent today working on finishing off the uvw been destracted by games :(

only got hands ( now with 4 fingets and a thumb ... due to ppl making fun of my 3 fingers on other forums ) and part of the head and should be ablt to squees them into the layout lol

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 18/05/04 - 5:55 AM Permalink

lol @ 3 fingers and thumb [:D] good job on the texture so far man, a decent effort for a mouse texture [:P] i like the model too, but something about those boots doesnt work for me.... i think the texture might change that, but to me they dont look apart of the rest of the model.

concept would help here [:D]

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 18/05/04 - 7:22 AM Permalink

SWEEEEEEEET, the mask is cool. Awesome job. Please though give him an extra finger

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 18/05/04 - 10:07 PM Permalink

Pretty cool
There is a funny bit where the arm meets the forearm band, at the moment you painted as flesh and due to the shape of that area of the model, it looks like he has huge forearms. You should make that a shadow. Here is a quick paintover to show what I mean- [img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/arm.jpg[/img]
Im not a big fan of the white spots on him though.
Anyway, its coming along well, the flesh tones are nice :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 19/05/04 - 2:05 AM Permalink

lol yer good point Makk, heh heh his arm suddenly widens quite drastically there :P
this guy wouldnt looks that out of place in UT2k4, hes a neat looking character. He could use some more diversity in his armour (ie not just four or so different textures on different areas) but thats just a thought. Are you planning to texture some eyes in there or leave them spiderman mask style (ie plain colour as a part of the mask).

oh and i just noticed, his waste from his pecks seems to come in quite dramatically, and from the back view it looks allmost like he has a __flat__ stomach.
still cool design tho :D

Submitted by RasTuS on Wed, 19/05/04 - 2:49 AM Permalink

the textuers are going to be fixed up my mate is helping me the waist is more stylised than i normally do but i think it loos cool um the eyes wont be painted i want the mask look and the white will be made more icey than it is ther mate show me how to do it the arms will have a bit more detai in them and yeah but thanks for the comments

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 19/05/04 - 3:51 AM Permalink

I like how youve picked a few colours and stuck with them, but i have to say overall it looks pretty bland man, perhaps a few more detail passes, to make materials look more convincing. ie making cloth look like cloth, and hard plastics look like hard plastics etc.

Even something as small as a ninja clan logo or something sewn into his cloth - or painted onto his armour would go far in terms of giving him more character.

Nice flesh tones though they look good as [:D]

Submitted by denz on Wed, 19/05/04 - 4:10 AM Permalink

I think you should do something with the eyes/face, to differ it from the rest of the character. Top work on the skin.

Posted by RasTuS on

[img]http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v193/rastus/ninja2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v193/rastus/text.jpg[/img]

he is about 2770 tri's
working on the texture now i know i suck at textureing i normally dont get this far but i realy want to finish the guy off

Submitted by denz on Mon, 17/05/04 - 7:33 PM Permalink

hey mate, thats looking really solid so far. Poly usage on the model is pretty good as I can see and the texture is coming along nicely. Keep it goin [:)] Oh and for the character, I think he looks pretty damn cool but I'm a sucker for ninjas [:D]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 18/05/04 - 1:33 AM Permalink

who isnt a sucker for ninjas :P
good stuff man, theres been so many dodgy ninja models made (as they are a popular character as you would no doubt know) but yours is really good, make sure to show us the final render!

Submitted by RasTuS on Tue, 18/05/04 - 2:13 AM Permalink

yeah spent today working on finishing off the uvw been destracted by games :(

only got hands ( now with 4 fingets and a thumb ... due to ppl making fun of my 3 fingers on other forums ) and part of the head and should be ablt to squees them into the layout lol

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 18/05/04 - 5:55 AM Permalink

lol @ 3 fingers and thumb [:D] good job on the texture so far man, a decent effort for a mouse texture [:P] i like the model too, but something about those boots doesnt work for me.... i think the texture might change that, but to me they dont look apart of the rest of the model.

concept would help here [:D]

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 18/05/04 - 7:22 AM Permalink

SWEEEEEEEET, the mask is cool. Awesome job. Please though give him an extra finger

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 18/05/04 - 10:07 PM Permalink

Pretty cool
There is a funny bit where the arm meets the forearm band, at the moment you painted as flesh and due to the shape of that area of the model, it looks like he has huge forearms. You should make that a shadow. Here is a quick paintover to show what I mean- [img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/arm.jpg[/img]
Im not a big fan of the white spots on him though.
Anyway, its coming along well, the flesh tones are nice :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 19/05/04 - 2:05 AM Permalink

lol yer good point Makk, heh heh his arm suddenly widens quite drastically there :P
this guy wouldnt looks that out of place in UT2k4, hes a neat looking character. He could use some more diversity in his armour (ie not just four or so different textures on different areas) but thats just a thought. Are you planning to texture some eyes in there or leave them spiderman mask style (ie plain colour as a part of the mask).

oh and i just noticed, his waste from his pecks seems to come in quite dramatically, and from the back view it looks allmost like he has a __flat__ stomach.
still cool design tho :D

Submitted by RasTuS on Wed, 19/05/04 - 2:49 AM Permalink

the textuers are going to be fixed up my mate is helping me the waist is more stylised than i normally do but i think it loos cool um the eyes wont be painted i want the mask look and the white will be made more icey than it is ther mate show me how to do it the arms will have a bit more detai in them and yeah but thanks for the comments

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 19/05/04 - 3:51 AM Permalink

I like how youve picked a few colours and stuck with them, but i have to say overall it looks pretty bland man, perhaps a few more detail passes, to make materials look more convincing. ie making cloth look like cloth, and hard plastics look like hard plastics etc.

Even something as small as a ninja clan logo or something sewn into his cloth - or painted onto his armour would go far in terms of giving him more character.

Nice flesh tones though they look good as [:D]

Submitted by denz on Wed, 19/05/04 - 4:10 AM Permalink

I think you should do something with the eyes/face, to differ it from the rest of the character. Top work on the skin.