Skip to main content

hover car

Hey everyone! I haven't posted here for ages but here's a hover car I did today. Please comment to help me get better. Thanks!!

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/scottiebrack/20057172148_hoverca…]

Submitted by Red 5 on Mon, 18/07/05 - 2:39 AM Permalink

Do you by any chance own an Alienware computer? ;)

Submitted by J I Styles on Mon, 18/07/05 - 5:41 PM Permalink

very sleek, communicates the smooth curves and style you where going for very well; only two crits I would give are that some lines get lost in that smoothness, like the front green propulsion hole -- my brain knows that it has some form of contour by the receeding edge in the skirting, and combining that with the assumption that it's similar to the back hole, but my eye keeps on only seeing it as a flush hole to the side. Silly brain and eye... they're so confused! Second crit was the interior - intentionally left messy lines, but those lines detract from the pieces quality instead of attracting attention to the other areas.

hope those crits help; I think the first could be resolved with some more indicative and consistent light source to help pop the form and contours out a bit more, and the second... just 10 more minutes roughly painting in some subtle hints of structure in the cabin could go a long way.

Submitted by scottiebrack on Mon, 18/07/05 - 11:16 PM Permalink

lol , no I don't own one :)

Thanks J.I. Styles , I will use those tips to try to fix it up. I really appreciate it champ.

Submitted by Jared Hahn on Tue, 19/07/05 - 12:39 PM Permalink

ur very good in photooshop(i think it was made there)so nice work

Hey everyone! I haven't posted here for ages but here's a hover car I did today. Please comment to help me get better. Thanks!!

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/scottiebrack/20057172148_hoverca…]

Submitted by Red 5 on Mon, 18/07/05 - 2:39 AM Permalink

Do you by any chance own an Alienware computer? ;)

Submitted by J I Styles on Mon, 18/07/05 - 5:41 PM Permalink

very sleek, communicates the smooth curves and style you where going for very well; only two crits I would give are that some lines get lost in that smoothness, like the front green propulsion hole -- my brain knows that it has some form of contour by the receeding edge in the skirting, and combining that with the assumption that it's similar to the back hole, but my eye keeps on only seeing it as a flush hole to the side. Silly brain and eye... they're so confused! Second crit was the interior - intentionally left messy lines, but those lines detract from the pieces quality instead of attracting attention to the other areas.

hope those crits help; I think the first could be resolved with some more indicative and consistent light source to help pop the form and contours out a bit more, and the second... just 10 more minutes roughly painting in some subtle hints of structure in the cabin could go a long way.

Submitted by scottiebrack on Mon, 18/07/05 - 11:16 PM Permalink

lol , no I don't own one :)

Thanks J.I. Styles , I will use those tips to try to fix it up. I really appreciate it champ.

Submitted by Jared Hahn on Tue, 19/07/05 - 12:39 PM Permalink

ur very good in photooshop(i think it was made there)so nice work