Skip to main content

Some pencil experiments

Submitted by Lechy on

I've been stuffing around with some traditional media for a while, mainly watercolor pencils. Once I get my head around them I'll try and do some finished pieces. cheers.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Lechy/200552022124_watercolorpen…]

Submitted by conundrum on Sun, 22/05/05 - 12:45 AM Permalink

great work lechy, the colour and lighting is very nice (particularly on the monster, which reminds me a lot of frazetta). I'm lookng forward to a finished piece

Submitted by pk on Sun, 22/05/05 - 11:10 PM Permalink

gday mate, sweeet! keep them coming!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 23/05/05 - 4:01 AM Permalink

very nice! as far as getting the hang of it goes it looks like your doing very well

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 24/05/05 - 6:58 AM Permalink

These look really cool.
How do these watercolour pencils work? do you just lay down some pencil strokes then go over with a wet brush to blend?

Submitted by Lechy on Mon, 30/05/05 - 9:37 PM Permalink

Makk: Yep it's pretty much it, although I also brush the tip of the pencil and then apply the brush to paper.

Submitted by 3DArty on Sat, 04/06/05 - 11:23 AM Permalink

Nice work. Its great medium technic gives it a real wormed look.

It will be good to see them all done, I dont mind doing the texturing side of things but comming up with the cosept is the hard part for me.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 04/06/05 - 9:57 PM Permalink

niiiice, i have massive respect for people who can get marker rendering to work after my many failed attempts :P

Posted by Lechy on

I've been stuffing around with some traditional media for a while, mainly watercolor pencils. Once I get my head around them I'll try and do some finished pieces. cheers.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Lechy/200552022124_watercolorpen…]

Submitted by conundrum on Sun, 22/05/05 - 12:45 AM Permalink

great work lechy, the colour and lighting is very nice (particularly on the monster, which reminds me a lot of frazetta). I'm lookng forward to a finished piece

Submitted by pk on Sun, 22/05/05 - 11:10 PM Permalink

gday mate, sweeet! keep them coming!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 23/05/05 - 4:01 AM Permalink

very nice! as far as getting the hang of it goes it looks like your doing very well

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 24/05/05 - 6:58 AM Permalink

These look really cool.
How do these watercolour pencils work? do you just lay down some pencil strokes then go over with a wet brush to blend?

Submitted by Lechy on Mon, 30/05/05 - 9:37 PM Permalink

Makk: Yep it's pretty much it, although I also brush the tip of the pencil and then apply the brush to paper.

Submitted by 3DArty on Sat, 04/06/05 - 11:23 AM Permalink

Nice work. Its great medium technic gives it a real wormed look.

It will be good to see them all done, I dont mind doing the texturing side of things but comming up with the cosept is the hard part for me.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 04/06/05 - 9:57 PM Permalink

niiiice, i have massive respect for people who can get marker rendering to work after my many failed attempts :P