Skip to main content

Let's all get drunk!

Forum

Hey ya'll...

I don't know about you, but I love to get my friends around, break out Mario Kart or Monkey Ball 2 and get stuck into the booze. Has anyone made up any drinking games that go along with video games? I know we've tried it a few times where the loser of any game has to drink - but the loser just keeps getting more drunk and more crap and as a result passes out before anyone else gets started. List your video game related drinking game rules here, and Tall Nick and I will give them a road test ASAP!

Submitted by urgrund on Fri, 22/04/05 - 10:25 AM Permalink

Burbenog Tower Defense level for WC3 :P
...can remember many drunken laughs (and raging hangovers) from late nights playing that with mates. I actually thought it was a take on bourban (as thats what we often drank) until I saw its proper title somewhere!

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 22/04/05 - 5:01 PM Permalink

Games are tough to make drinking games out of. Years ago a few friends and I tried playstation drinking games, but didn?t come up with much. Tekken (or any street-fighting game) was about the best one ? quick bout and the loser drinks ? but as you say the loser get the most drunk and keep playing worse. We eventually gave up and opted to play the Star Wars drinking game. [url]http://wso.williams.edu/~rfoxwell/starwars/SWDrinking.htm[/url]

Submitted by hyperswivel on Fri, 22/04/05 - 5:08 PM Permalink

Well, I was bored so I whipped one up. If anyone tries this one, let us know how it works out. Tall Nick and I might give it a go on Sunday night.
I find these games work better with shots, but if you prefer to drink from a glass then you first need to settle on how much the drinker is required to drink. I find the finger system works well and that two for three fingers is usually satisfactory.

Mario Kart Drinking Game

This is a good one to get started with, and it would probably work for most racing games, though this one is especially good because the races are very short and can change results in an instant.
Etiquette dictates that the loser of each round gets to choose the next course, but each course can be played only once (trust me, that?s enough.)
Drinking rules are as follows:

Last Place: Does not drink, but if they lose three in a row he must take either two shots or scull a whole drink.

3rd: Drinks a shot or two fingers.

2nd: Half shot or one finger.

1st: Freebie. Can either choose not to drink, drink if he likes or elect someone else to drink.

If the final standings are the same in back to back rounds, then the winner, and only the winner drinks? in order to bring him back into line with the rest of the field.

Also, if you want to get drunk nice and quickly Super Monkey Ball 1 or 2has a bowling game in party mode. If somebody bowls a strike then any players who fail to bowl a strike must drink.

Strangely, the more I drink the more "at one" I become with my system and I improve... or at least I think I do...

Submitted by rezn0r on Fri, 22/04/05 - 7:11 PM Permalink

*Gets disqualified for just drinking anyway*

Scott.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Fri, 22/04/05 - 10:13 PM Permalink

Not so much a drinking game, but a great game to play when you are drunk is Donkey Konga, due to slowed reflexes, blurring of vision, and lack of concentration you'll laugh yourself stupid at just how bad you can be at this game. (Actually, it's usually everyone else that laughs)

Forum

Hey ya'll...

I don't know about you, but I love to get my friends around, break out Mario Kart or Monkey Ball 2 and get stuck into the booze. Has anyone made up any drinking games that go along with video games? I know we've tried it a few times where the loser of any game has to drink - but the loser just keeps getting more drunk and more crap and as a result passes out before anyone else gets started. List your video game related drinking game rules here, and Tall Nick and I will give them a road test ASAP!

Submitted by urgrund on Fri, 22/04/05 - 10:25 AM Permalink

Burbenog Tower Defense level for WC3 :P
...can remember many drunken laughs (and raging hangovers) from late nights playing that with mates. I actually thought it was a take on bourban (as thats what we often drank) until I saw its proper title somewhere!

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 22/04/05 - 5:01 PM Permalink

Games are tough to make drinking games out of. Years ago a few friends and I tried playstation drinking games, but didn?t come up with much. Tekken (or any street-fighting game) was about the best one ? quick bout and the loser drinks ? but as you say the loser get the most drunk and keep playing worse. We eventually gave up and opted to play the Star Wars drinking game. [url]http://wso.williams.edu/~rfoxwell/starwars/SWDrinking.htm[/url]

Submitted by hyperswivel on Fri, 22/04/05 - 5:08 PM Permalink

Well, I was bored so I whipped one up. If anyone tries this one, let us know how it works out. Tall Nick and I might give it a go on Sunday night.
I find these games work better with shots, but if you prefer to drink from a glass then you first need to settle on how much the drinker is required to drink. I find the finger system works well and that two for three fingers is usually satisfactory.

Mario Kart Drinking Game

This is a good one to get started with, and it would probably work for most racing games, though this one is especially good because the races are very short and can change results in an instant.
Etiquette dictates that the loser of each round gets to choose the next course, but each course can be played only once (trust me, that?s enough.)
Drinking rules are as follows:

Last Place: Does not drink, but if they lose three in a row he must take either two shots or scull a whole drink.

3rd: Drinks a shot or two fingers.

2nd: Half shot or one finger.

1st: Freebie. Can either choose not to drink, drink if he likes or elect someone else to drink.

If the final standings are the same in back to back rounds, then the winner, and only the winner drinks? in order to bring him back into line with the rest of the field.

Also, if you want to get drunk nice and quickly Super Monkey Ball 1 or 2has a bowling game in party mode. If somebody bowls a strike then any players who fail to bowl a strike must drink.

Strangely, the more I drink the more "at one" I become with my system and I improve... or at least I think I do...

Submitted by rezn0r on Fri, 22/04/05 - 7:11 PM Permalink

*Gets disqualified for just drinking anyway*

Scott.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Fri, 22/04/05 - 10:13 PM Permalink

Not so much a drinking game, but a great game to play when you are drunk is Donkey Konga, due to slowed reflexes, blurring of vision, and lack of concentration you'll laugh yourself stupid at just how bad you can be at this game. (Actually, it's usually everyone else that laughs)