Skip to main content

Engineer

Submitted by Makk on

Here is my version of Bobo's Brunt model.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/brunt1.jpg
Im going for an engineer look.
Still, pixals to paint and things to tweak.
Must finish soon.

Submitted by jacobt on Fri, 23/01/04 - 11:48 PM Permalink

Hey nice start :D The muscles look well defined and there's some cool detail bits in there... keep going!

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Sat, 24/01/04 - 12:47 AM Permalink

Looks cool - reminds me off Apocalypse (if he had blue lips).

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 26/01/04 - 4:46 AM Permalink

That is quite a nice texture you have going there Makk.

My only suggestion is that you may want to try to make the highlights on hid metal areas a little brighter. This is just a personal preference thing though. Other wise he looks pretty damn sweet.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Tue, 27/01/04 - 12:24 AM Permalink

I like the boot design - they actually look wearable. I can't stand Paul Steed style shit-kicking boots.

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 10/02/04 - 9:46 AM Permalink

Pretty damn nice. Your lucky... No tomatoes this time :p

What res is the texture? It looks a little blurry, which is a pity as it would look really nice if all those veins were nice and clear.

The boots look like they are missing something at the back. They are just so plain.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 11/02/04 - 4:10 AM Permalink

yeah its all pretty dark, not saying make it light and happy but might have beniftted from some more colour. Other then that my tomatoe basket it empty, good job :D

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 11/02/04 - 7:40 AM Permalink

Thanks guys :)
The textures are on two 256 sheets, so the blurryness come from not much space on the texture sheet.
I was going to add some straps at the back of his calf, but they didnt turn out too well :(
It is pretty dark, isnt it. Especially the feet area. I think the white background from the forum isnt helping either, as it looks brighter on polycount.
Thanks again :)

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 12/02/04 - 1:40 AM Permalink

Hey Makk, looking really good, 256 can be a real butmunch to get sharp hey, don't know if this will help but this is one of the processes I use to pull detail out of a 256 map.

- Flatten all the layers
- ctrl C copy
- undo the collapse
- ctrl V paste the layer on the top of the rest
- apply a Unsharp mask filter
- fiddle with the settings until its looking good
- flick between that and the lower layers to pull out the detail were you think its needed.
- also get in there and do some pixel painting with a 1 pixel brush to redefine edges.

[:)]

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 12/02/04 - 6:14 AM Permalink

No problem man, hope it helps.
One other thing, I tend not to do it until its at the final resolution otherwise you will lose all the detail when it scales it down.

Love the cloth and the jaw piece btw.

Posted by Makk on

Here is my version of Bobo's Brunt model.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/brunt1.jpg
Im going for an engineer look.
Still, pixals to paint and things to tweak.
Must finish soon.

Submitted by jacobt on Fri, 23/01/04 - 11:48 PM Permalink

Hey nice start :D The muscles look well defined and there's some cool detail bits in there... keep going!

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Sat, 24/01/04 - 12:47 AM Permalink

Looks cool - reminds me off Apocalypse (if he had blue lips).

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 26/01/04 - 4:46 AM Permalink

That is quite a nice texture you have going there Makk.

My only suggestion is that you may want to try to make the highlights on hid metal areas a little brighter. This is just a personal preference thing though. Other wise he looks pretty damn sweet.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Tue, 27/01/04 - 12:24 AM Permalink

I like the boot design - they actually look wearable. I can't stand Paul Steed style shit-kicking boots.

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 10/02/04 - 9:46 AM Permalink

Pretty damn nice. Your lucky... No tomatoes this time :p

What res is the texture? It looks a little blurry, which is a pity as it would look really nice if all those veins were nice and clear.

The boots look like they are missing something at the back. They are just so plain.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 11/02/04 - 4:10 AM Permalink

yeah its all pretty dark, not saying make it light and happy but might have beniftted from some more colour. Other then that my tomatoe basket it empty, good job :D

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 11/02/04 - 7:40 AM Permalink

Thanks guys :)
The textures are on two 256 sheets, so the blurryness come from not much space on the texture sheet.
I was going to add some straps at the back of his calf, but they didnt turn out too well :(
It is pretty dark, isnt it. Especially the feet area. I think the white background from the forum isnt helping either, as it looks brighter on polycount.
Thanks again :)

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 12/02/04 - 1:40 AM Permalink

Hey Makk, looking really good, 256 can be a real butmunch to get sharp hey, don't know if this will help but this is one of the processes I use to pull detail out of a 256 map.

- Flatten all the layers
- ctrl C copy
- undo the collapse
- ctrl V paste the layer on the top of the rest
- apply a Unsharp mask filter
- fiddle with the settings until its looking good
- flick between that and the lower layers to pull out the detail were you think its needed.
- also get in there and do some pixel painting with a 1 pixel brush to redefine edges.

[:)]

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 12/02/04 - 6:14 AM Permalink

No problem man, hope it helps.
One other thing, I tend not to do it until its at the final resolution otherwise you will lose all the detail when it scales it down.

Love the cloth and the jaw piece btw.