Skip to main content

Fugitive on the 101st - Wip

Submitted by Groady on

This one's been on hold for a while. Had some time lately to make some changes, thought I'd put it out there for some feedback. Thanks.

See below

Submitted by Brain on Mon, 23/06/03 - 8:08 PM Permalink

Spunky! @:-D

Crits: his hand and weapon need a bit more attention to shadowing, as they're too well lit at the moment. The shoes kind of stand out too in that department, but it's more subtle. The police car isn't on the same plane as it's surroundings. The bottom of it should be more visible than it currently is, seeing as the viewer is below the horizon line. Some darker shadows on the window divider might be needed, as the light from the car is shining directly to it and would be the harshest light of the scene. A shadow from the divider down heading towards the viewer would probably exist too. And I'm not entirely sure, but the street sign could be a bit off perspective, though probably not by much.

The building looks a little flat. Perhaps adding some depth to the windows would aid this. Something else in the background could spice it up, eliminating just having stars. Perhaps some buildings, or a street light/traffic lights... something to suggest a bit more 'city'. Thinking along those lines, not so many stars would be seen in the bustling city area.

Hope my crits are semi-welcomed. @:-) It's a really great piece which tells a story I want to know more about. Look forward to seeing more of your fat art.

Submitted by StrkEagle on Mon, 23/06/03 - 8:21 PM Permalink

looks sorta futuristic max-payneish

but cool none-the-less

Submitted by Groady on Mon, 23/06/03 - 11:40 PM Permalink

Brain: Most of your crits are what people are generally telling me, so you're on the ball there [:)]. The main figure was one of the latest things painted and still needs some work (if this was a 'real painting' the paint would still be wet). I am definately removing the stars. They haven't moved since the first block-in an are just there as a place-holder for now.

StrkEagle: I was going for a futuristic theme so glad it's working.

Expect to see more detail in the next version... and lots of blood! [;)]

Posted by Groady on

This one's been on hold for a while. Had some time lately to make some changes, thought I'd put it out there for some feedback. Thanks.

See below

Submitted by Brain on Mon, 23/06/03 - 8:08 PM Permalink

Spunky! @:-D

Crits: his hand and weapon need a bit more attention to shadowing, as they're too well lit at the moment. The shoes kind of stand out too in that department, but it's more subtle. The police car isn't on the same plane as it's surroundings. The bottom of it should be more visible than it currently is, seeing as the viewer is below the horizon line. Some darker shadows on the window divider might be needed, as the light from the car is shining directly to it and would be the harshest light of the scene. A shadow from the divider down heading towards the viewer would probably exist too. And I'm not entirely sure, but the street sign could be a bit off perspective, though probably not by much.

The building looks a little flat. Perhaps adding some depth to the windows would aid this. Something else in the background could spice it up, eliminating just having stars. Perhaps some buildings, or a street light/traffic lights... something to suggest a bit more 'city'. Thinking along those lines, not so many stars would be seen in the bustling city area.

Hope my crits are semi-welcomed. @:-) It's a really great piece which tells a story I want to know more about. Look forward to seeing more of your fat art.

Submitted by StrkEagle on Mon, 23/06/03 - 8:21 PM Permalink

looks sorta futuristic max-payneish

but cool none-the-less

Submitted by Groady on Mon, 23/06/03 - 11:40 PM Permalink

Brain: Most of your crits are what people are generally telling me, so you're on the ball there [:)]. The main figure was one of the latest things painted and still needs some work (if this was a 'real painting' the paint would still be wet). I am definately removing the stars. They haven't moved since the first block-in an are just there as a place-holder for now.

StrkEagle: I was going for a futuristic theme so glad it's working.

Expect to see more detail in the next version... and lots of blood! [;)]