Skip to main content

anatomy be damned!!

Submitted by matias on

Ok, I just was checking out JohnN's barbarian concept and got one of those irrational urges to drawn your own, you know the ones that jump into your head at times when you have a heap of stuff to do, but then wont leave. Well sometimes the quickest way to get rid of them is to just draw em and send em packin!!! so lastnight I started this guy as just a super quick sketch in photoshop and ended up finishing him this morning, I didn't really worry about any technical side of things, hence the subject! so its about as rough as it gets for a colour job, but hey.[:D]
[img]http://home.austarnet.com.au/esjakku/link%20art/smiting.jpg[/img]
Cheers
Matias

Submitted by palantir on Mon, 24/05/04 - 11:18 PM Permalink

That looks cool matias. :)

Now this is a silly comment, but, uh, he looks like he's scratching his arse! [:P]
You could call it "Wacky anatomy man with itchy bum". [:D]
Maybe the weapon needs to be in a different position or something?

But its pretty damn good for a quick sketch.

Submitted by tbag on Tue, 25/05/04 - 2:26 AM Permalink

LOL [:p]! I didnt get any impression of him scratching his ass until i saw palantirs comment.

It kind of looks like he is concentrating really hard to scratch it. Nothing like a good scratch, especially after you have broken free from chains [;)].

Anyway, it looks good despite the itchyness [:p].

(And yes, i spelt arse as ass, personally i prefer ass more then arse, anything to save me typing another key.)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 25/05/04 - 3:28 AM Permalink

awesome for a quicky but like... dude... his pecks are swallowing his head... and i think his underarms have their own abs.

heh im sorry it just had to be said, very very neat pic though, hes not so traditional barbarian yet theres an obvious recognition with the theme. I think its cause hes got a head like a shaolin monk or something :P

Submitted by Johnn on Tue, 25/05/04 - 6:24 AM Permalink

BAD ASS! (or should that be arse?!) its very 'hulk like' in style and pose. looking good- the axe position is good for the composition. looks like he is warming up his triceps more than bum scratching to me.

Submitted by denz on Tue, 25/05/04 - 8:03 AM Permalink

hehe, very nice [:D]

Posted by matias on

Ok, I just was checking out JohnN's barbarian concept and got one of those irrational urges to drawn your own, you know the ones that jump into your head at times when you have a heap of stuff to do, but then wont leave. Well sometimes the quickest way to get rid of them is to just draw em and send em packin!!! so lastnight I started this guy as just a super quick sketch in photoshop and ended up finishing him this morning, I didn't really worry about any technical side of things, hence the subject! so its about as rough as it gets for a colour job, but hey.[:D]
[img]http://home.austarnet.com.au/esjakku/link%20art/smiting.jpg[/img]
Cheers
Matias

Submitted by palantir on Mon, 24/05/04 - 11:18 PM Permalink

That looks cool matias. :)

Now this is a silly comment, but, uh, he looks like he's scratching his arse! [:P]
You could call it "Wacky anatomy man with itchy bum". [:D]
Maybe the weapon needs to be in a different position or something?

But its pretty damn good for a quick sketch.

Submitted by tbag on Tue, 25/05/04 - 2:26 AM Permalink

LOL [:p]! I didnt get any impression of him scratching his ass until i saw palantirs comment.

It kind of looks like he is concentrating really hard to scratch it. Nothing like a good scratch, especially after you have broken free from chains [;)].

Anyway, it looks good despite the itchyness [:p].

(And yes, i spelt arse as ass, personally i prefer ass more then arse, anything to save me typing another key.)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 25/05/04 - 3:28 AM Permalink

awesome for a quicky but like... dude... his pecks are swallowing his head... and i think his underarms have their own abs.

heh im sorry it just had to be said, very very neat pic though, hes not so traditional barbarian yet theres an obvious recognition with the theme. I think its cause hes got a head like a shaolin monk or something :P

Submitted by Johnn on Tue, 25/05/04 - 6:24 AM Permalink

BAD ASS! (or should that be arse?!) its very 'hulk like' in style and pose. looking good- the axe position is good for the composition. looks like he is warming up his triceps more than bum scratching to me.

Submitted by denz on Tue, 25/05/04 - 8:03 AM Permalink

hehe, very nice [:D]