Skip to main content

Sheepman

Hey Sumeans,

I'm sure you've seen this on the main page by now, just wanting to get any feedback on it.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/25_sheepmanL.jpg[/img]

This was rendered using the Illustrate! plugin, works a treat if you ask me, a whole lot more options than the ink and paint shader.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 25/03/04 - 5:00 AM Permalink

What to say - its rendered with illustrate and it looks to be just that - would fit perfectly in the world of tin-tin.

as for the concept - quite a funky idea - check out bouncy-roo's sheep / goat man high poly thing that shes been working on.

Does he have human feet and sheepy hooves for hands ?? id like to see what the guy looks like with no cloths on,... err..... that sounds rather odd but you know [:D] id like to see how his chest is,.. whether its centaurish or just like a normal human chest...

Submitted by matias on Thu, 25/03/04 - 5:18 AM Permalink

freaky... both a sheep-man and HazarD wanting ro see him naked[:p] I kinda like it though very surreal!

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 25/03/04 - 7:49 AM Permalink

LOL Matias - come on now - just cos i like sheep doesnt mean i wanna see this character nekkid,.. its simply a request,.. for educational purposes,.. yeah thats it [;)]

Submitted by Johnn on Thu, 25/03/04 - 9:06 AM Permalink

yeah, 'educational purposes' ...can you say that with a NZ accent?

I love the sheep man (in a platonic way, not in the same was as HazarD.) Makes me think of 'Wind in the Willows' and stuff like that.

As for comments- looks ready to animate to me. If you want to work on it more maybe the eyes are a little understated (others might disagree?) the reason I say this is for the practical reason of showing human emotion on the sheep face.

Conceptually, I have assumed that the character is male, because of the clothing and general body shape, but aren't sheep girls?

edit: something is astray with the neck line- head seems to overlap infront of the shirt and jacket!

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Thu, 25/03/04 - 11:27 PM Permalink

Thanks for the feedback guys:

Hazard: Original concept was not my own, but was altered by me. I imagine the physique of 'sheepman' going something like this, sheep head, human body, legs, and feet, and sheep hands.

JohnN: Sheepman has already been animated, but was rendered out with GI, not illustrate. Just did a simple walk cycle trying to accentuate his sheepish personality (pun intended). I know what you mean about the eyes, I think I did them too realistically, would probably have been better with cartoon style eyes, oh well.

Hey Sumeans,

I'm sure you've seen this on the main page by now, just wanting to get any feedback on it.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/25_sheepmanL.jpg[/img]

This was rendered using the Illustrate! plugin, works a treat if you ask me, a whole lot more options than the ink and paint shader.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 25/03/04 - 5:00 AM Permalink

What to say - its rendered with illustrate and it looks to be just that - would fit perfectly in the world of tin-tin.

as for the concept - quite a funky idea - check out bouncy-roo's sheep / goat man high poly thing that shes been working on.

Does he have human feet and sheepy hooves for hands ?? id like to see what the guy looks like with no cloths on,... err..... that sounds rather odd but you know [:D] id like to see how his chest is,.. whether its centaurish or just like a normal human chest...

Submitted by matias on Thu, 25/03/04 - 5:18 AM Permalink

freaky... both a sheep-man and HazarD wanting ro see him naked[:p] I kinda like it though very surreal!

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 25/03/04 - 7:49 AM Permalink

LOL Matias - come on now - just cos i like sheep doesnt mean i wanna see this character nekkid,.. its simply a request,.. for educational purposes,.. yeah thats it [;)]

Submitted by Johnn on Thu, 25/03/04 - 9:06 AM Permalink

yeah, 'educational purposes' ...can you say that with a NZ accent?

I love the sheep man (in a platonic way, not in the same was as HazarD.) Makes me think of 'Wind in the Willows' and stuff like that.

As for comments- looks ready to animate to me. If you want to work on it more maybe the eyes are a little understated (others might disagree?) the reason I say this is for the practical reason of showing human emotion on the sheep face.

Conceptually, I have assumed that the character is male, because of the clothing and general body shape, but aren't sheep girls?

edit: something is astray with the neck line- head seems to overlap infront of the shirt and jacket!

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Thu, 25/03/04 - 11:27 PM Permalink

Thanks for the feedback guys:

Hazard: Original concept was not my own, but was altered by me. I imagine the physique of 'sheepman' going something like this, sheep head, human body, legs, and feet, and sheep hands.

JohnN: Sheepman has already been animated, but was rendered out with GI, not illustrate. Just did a simple walk cycle trying to accentuate his sheepish personality (pun intended). I know what you mean about the eyes, I think I did them too realistically, would probably have been better with cartoon style eyes, oh well.