Skip to main content

My Demoreel: Environment & Props

Hi.. this is my first demoreel , I am doing a game art & design course from Vancouver Institute of Media Arts(Vanarts) and will graduate in Jan 06.
C&C pls..

www.rajeevj.com

---MODERATOR EDIT: just moved this into exhibition to be a bit more relevant.

Submitted by Kris on Fri, 30/12/05 - 11:54 AM Permalink

The doom 3 presentation is pretty impressive, perhaps try and get your helicopter and tank into it and present them the same way. The WIP Environment is nice too, but very short, I don't feel you should have to show the reference you used for it.

Submitted by rocker123 11 on Sat, 31/12/05 - 10:37 PM Permalink

hey kris.. thnx for the reply..
quite a few people have told me to show the reference whenever possible so that i can show that i can match reality..
welle anyways.. the idea about gettin the tank n helicopter into doom3..

Submitted by Kratos on Mon, 02/01/06 - 7:39 AM Permalink

umm .. you might want to show your textures fullscreen for 2 secs or so .. its really hard to make out the detail in the small size textures you show in the video.

You also might want to create some organic objects .. like some plants and the like.

Well thats my two cents

Submitted by rocker123 11 on Mon, 02/01/06 - 4:36 PM Permalink

thnx for the reply kratos.. yes i am working on this demoreel , to make the presentation better...
also i have started this new environment which involves making trees..
ciao..

Hi.. this is my first demoreel , I am doing a game art & design course from Vancouver Institute of Media Arts(Vanarts) and will graduate in Jan 06.
C&C pls..

www.rajeevj.com

---MODERATOR EDIT: just moved this into exhibition to be a bit more relevant.

Submitted by Kris on Fri, 30/12/05 - 11:54 AM Permalink

The doom 3 presentation is pretty impressive, perhaps try and get your helicopter and tank into it and present them the same way. The WIP Environment is nice too, but very short, I don't feel you should have to show the reference you used for it.

Submitted by rocker123 11 on Sat, 31/12/05 - 10:37 PM Permalink

hey kris.. thnx for the reply..
quite a few people have told me to show the reference whenever possible so that i can show that i can match reality..
welle anyways.. the idea about gettin the tank n helicopter into doom3..

Submitted by Kratos on Mon, 02/01/06 - 7:39 AM Permalink

umm .. you might want to show your textures fullscreen for 2 secs or so .. its really hard to make out the detail in the small size textures you show in the video.

You also might want to create some organic objects .. like some plants and the like.

Well thats my two cents

Submitted by rocker123 11 on Mon, 02/01/06 - 4:36 PM Permalink

thnx for the reply kratos.. yes i am working on this demoreel , to make the presentation better...
also i have started this new environment which involves making trees..
ciao..