Skip to main content

Game Engine Libraries for a tile-based game?

Submitted by Slade on
Forum

Hi all,

I was thinking of remaking a project I did for an assignment which was a tile based 2D game, much like the zelda series on gameboy.  Are there any engines that have intrinsic functionality supporting tiling?  It's just that when I did tiling manually in the other game engine I used (granted it was not a well known game engine) it seemed to chunk when my maps were too big (even though the hardware I used it on was insane).

Even if you can't think of one could you suggest a good set of 2D games engine C++ libraries for me anyway? :D

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

Posted by Slade on
Forum

Hi all,

I was thinking of remaking a project I did for an assignment which was a tile based 2D game, much like the zelda series on gameboy.  Are there any engines that have intrinsic functionality supporting tiling?  It's just that when I did tiling manually in the other game engine I used (granted it was not a well known game engine) it seemed to chunk when my maps were too big (even though the hardware I used it on was insane).

Even if you can't think of one could you suggest a good set of 2D games engine C++ libraries for me anyway? :D

Thanks in advance,

Anthony