Skip to main content

new squad based shooters

Submitted by bullet21 on
Forum

I just love squad based shotter, like the rainbow six series and all the other ones. I just went to gametrailers.com today and isaw saw 2 new ones that look absolutely kick arse.

They are Star War: republic Commando and Brothers in Arms.
Republic Commando looks like a sweet game, mainly because the control system looks very easy. I've never been interestedin Star wars games before but this one has got my attention.

Brothers in Arms looks like it is going to own. It's very historical, they use actual soldiers of world war two, and locations that have been made to look like they actually did back then and once again the control system looks great.

Another one that i've been waiting for, for a while now is full spectrum warrior. Anyway goto www.gametrailers.com and check them out for yourself.

Note: they are pretty big, so hope you have broadband.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 30/06/04 - 8:12 PM Permalink

yeah ive read a fair bit about the star wars one, sounds promising. The screenshots that ive seen actually remind me of metroid prime which is a good thing to be sure.

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 01/07/04 - 6:27 PM Permalink

Have you seen the trailer for both the games, if not go frank zappa commands you.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 01/07/04 - 10:00 PM Permalink

i havent watched the brothers in arms one, but i did watch the star wars one. Its a damn fine lookin game :D . I hope that the squad system isnt to simple so that you cant do some things you might like to. I was playing freedom fighters just yesterday (made by the same people who made the hitman series) and that has the most basic squad system and its only downfall is that sometimes when you assign a single person to a single role, itll pull someone out of a role youve allready assigned to them (when you wanted someone idle to do it... if that makes sense).

oh and bullet, its hard to take anything you say seriously with that avatar ;)

Submitted by TheBigJ on Fri, 02/07/04 - 8:26 PM Permalink

quote:Another one that i've been waiting for, for a while now is full spectrum warrior

...and my god is it ever good. *sleepy eyed at work*

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 02/07/04 - 8:44 PM Permalink

SB and moony, please don't tease my idol :(, i suggest you all go and watch the brothers in arms trailer. And freedom fighters was kick arse, i luved the control system, it never failed ME. Plus the musci owned

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 02/07/04 - 9:50 PM Permalink

yeah freedom did rule bullet (and the music was composed by jesper kyd, the mans a legend) i was just saying that with such a basic controll system there was only really one flaw. Which is good for games that dont want to have a expansive squad micro-management system.
and we will poke fun at the little doggie all we like :D (ahhh just jokin, each to their own i suppose.... even if your wrong ;) )

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 03/07/04 - 3:35 AM Permalink

Each to there own thats why you play UT ;P

*Put's on flame retardent jacket*

Edit: irrelevant, but i download the making of Sudeki from Gametrailers.com it's cool get it guys.

Posted by bullet21 on
Forum

I just love squad based shotter, like the rainbow six series and all the other ones. I just went to gametrailers.com today and isaw saw 2 new ones that look absolutely kick arse.

They are Star War: republic Commando and Brothers in Arms.
Republic Commando looks like a sweet game, mainly because the control system looks very easy. I've never been interestedin Star wars games before but this one has got my attention.

Brothers in Arms looks like it is going to own. It's very historical, they use actual soldiers of world war two, and locations that have been made to look like they actually did back then and once again the control system looks great.

Another one that i've been waiting for, for a while now is full spectrum warrior. Anyway goto www.gametrailers.com and check them out for yourself.

Note: they are pretty big, so hope you have broadband.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 30/06/04 - 8:12 PM Permalink

yeah ive read a fair bit about the star wars one, sounds promising. The screenshots that ive seen actually remind me of metroid prime which is a good thing to be sure.

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 01/07/04 - 6:27 PM Permalink

Have you seen the trailer for both the games, if not go frank zappa commands you.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 01/07/04 - 10:00 PM Permalink

i havent watched the brothers in arms one, but i did watch the star wars one. Its a damn fine lookin game :D . I hope that the squad system isnt to simple so that you cant do some things you might like to. I was playing freedom fighters just yesterday (made by the same people who made the hitman series) and that has the most basic squad system and its only downfall is that sometimes when you assign a single person to a single role, itll pull someone out of a role youve allready assigned to them (when you wanted someone idle to do it... if that makes sense).

oh and bullet, its hard to take anything you say seriously with that avatar ;)

Submitted by TheBigJ on Fri, 02/07/04 - 8:26 PM Permalink

quote:Another one that i've been waiting for, for a while now is full spectrum warrior

...and my god is it ever good. *sleepy eyed at work*

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 02/07/04 - 8:44 PM Permalink

SB and moony, please don't tease my idol :(, i suggest you all go and watch the brothers in arms trailer. And freedom fighters was kick arse, i luved the control system, it never failed ME. Plus the musci owned

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 02/07/04 - 9:50 PM Permalink

yeah freedom did rule bullet (and the music was composed by jesper kyd, the mans a legend) i was just saying that with such a basic controll system there was only really one flaw. Which is good for games that dont want to have a expansive squad micro-management system.
and we will poke fun at the little doggie all we like :D (ahhh just jokin, each to their own i suppose.... even if your wrong ;) )

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 03/07/04 - 3:35 AM Permalink

Each to there own thats why you play UT ;P

*Put's on flame retardent jacket*

Edit: irrelevant, but i download the making of Sudeki from Gametrailers.com it's cool get it guys.