Skip to main content

Faster chibi, I need cash

Submitted by Pantmonger on

[img]http://home.iprimus.com.au/evilbunny/MTemp/chibiline.jpg[/img]

A collection of chibis done when I had nothing else to do, work was slow, or waiting for a delayed train.
They take me about 1 hour each (the line only one being the exception at 30min in ink) I want to be able to drop the time to about 30min so I can do them at markets and the like and hopefully earn an extra doller or three.

The first two are people I know done in styles they like the other two are from photos.
C&C would be nice

Pantmonger

Submitted by Dan Ward on Sat, 31/05/03 - 8:54 PM Permalink

First up ... WHY?

not really my fav style but on a purely technical level id say they are well done, your girls are a little to masculine although that could be the style your after.

Still pretty impressive for the time your taking to do them.

Submitted by Malus on Sat, 31/05/03 - 9:07 PM Permalink

Cool pants, hey I'd by a chibi version of myself, may not be everyones cup of tea but I'm sure you'll get a few extra bucks for them.

Submitted by Brain on Sun, 01/06/03 - 7:38 AM Permalink

It's definitely an option. It falls into the same line as charactures, and they do pretty well. Self portraits etc are not only a nice way to get a little bit of money together, but builds up your experience levels. So why the heck not? @:-)

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sun, 01/06/03 - 6:32 PM Permalink

Dan_Ward: Why? I thought I covered that with the extra cash bit. Im not sure what you mean with the girls being masculine. Thanks for the complement.

Malus: Thanks, I hope I can, just got to get a little faster

Brain: Thats what I figured, seen a lot of characture artist around of late and most are not that good, so I though I should get into that racket, but I didn't want to add to the saturation so I thought Chibi. Hopfully it will work out well.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Jorsh on Sun, 08/06/03 - 10:25 AM Permalink

The girls look manly because you made the arm (specifically 'resident chibi') lines too defined. Because girls generally have a more petite, thinner structure, you should probably straighten out her arms and legs so they look less 'fat' and more thick... if you know what i mean. at the moment they look a bit like wieght lifters.

sorry, i seem to be the only one here negitivly cridisising your work again... but they are really good.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sun, 08/06/03 - 6:28 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Jorsh

sorry, i seem to be the only one here negitivly cridisising your work again... but they are really good.

No, its cool, I post for crit not praise so worry not about such things.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Brain on Mon, 09/06/03 - 9:26 AM Permalink

t'was at the markets today, and was looking for anyone drawing chibi. @:-)

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 09/06/03 - 6:04 PM Permalink

lol, no Im not there yet. Im real anal about my stuff so I wont be there untill Im sure I can do them in under 30min and I am happy with the quality.

Pantmonger

[img]http://home.iprimus.com.au/evilbunny/MTemp/chibiline.jpg[/img]

A collection of chibis done when I had nothing else to do, work was slow, or waiting for a delayed train.
They take me about 1 hour each (the line only one being the exception at 30min in ink) I want to be able to drop the time to about 30min so I can do them at markets and the like and hopefully earn an extra doller or three.

The first two are people I know done in styles they like the other two are from photos.
C&C would be nice

Pantmonger

Submitted by Dan Ward on Sat, 31/05/03 - 8:54 PM Permalink

First up ... WHY?

not really my fav style but on a purely technical level id say they are well done, your girls are a little to masculine although that could be the style your after.

Still pretty impressive for the time your taking to do them.

Submitted by Malus on Sat, 31/05/03 - 9:07 PM Permalink

Cool pants, hey I'd by a chibi version of myself, may not be everyones cup of tea but I'm sure you'll get a few extra bucks for them.

Submitted by Brain on Sun, 01/06/03 - 7:38 AM Permalink

It's definitely an option. It falls into the same line as charactures, and they do pretty well. Self portraits etc are not only a nice way to get a little bit of money together, but builds up your experience levels. So why the heck not? @:-)

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sun, 01/06/03 - 6:32 PM Permalink

Dan_Ward: Why? I thought I covered that with the extra cash bit. Im not sure what you mean with the girls being masculine. Thanks for the complement.

Malus: Thanks, I hope I can, just got to get a little faster

Brain: Thats what I figured, seen a lot of characture artist around of late and most are not that good, so I though I should get into that racket, but I didn't want to add to the saturation so I thought Chibi. Hopfully it will work out well.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Jorsh on Sun, 08/06/03 - 10:25 AM Permalink

The girls look manly because you made the arm (specifically 'resident chibi') lines too defined. Because girls generally have a more petite, thinner structure, you should probably straighten out her arms and legs so they look less 'fat' and more thick... if you know what i mean. at the moment they look a bit like wieght lifters.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sun, 08/06/03 - 6:28 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Jorsh

No, its cool, I post for crit not praise so worry not about such things.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Brain on Mon, 09/06/03 - 9:26 AM Permalink

t'was at the markets today, and was looking for anyone drawing chibi. @:-)

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 09/06/03 - 6:04 PM Permalink

lol, no Im not there yet. Im real anal about my stuff so I wont be there untill Im sure I can do them in under 30min and I am happy with the quality.

Pantmonger