Skip to main content

Naruto (Character Model)

Submitted by ChosonLord on

Ive started modeling the anime character naruto, im just getting the hang of character and organic modeling. So far this is what i have and is sitting on 2931 Tris.

Crits are welcome, I really do need it :P

Thx guys

Submitted by davidcoen on Fri, 17/08/07 - 6:06 AM Permalink

looks recognisable as naruto so you are off to a good start.

the feet seem a little small, he seems to get drawns as a sightly deformed and short small boy, which makes the head, hands and feet larger relative to the body than those of an adult.

there is sometimes a question of if articulation of a persons posture should be in the rig or the model, since most people can not actually straigten their spine, i tend to like have the geometry contain the arch of someones hack (have a look at someone side on) so that if the model gets rigged, it can have a 'natural' pose without animator keeping on having to add the natural spinal curve....

Submitted by ChosonLord on Fri, 17/08/07 - 10:04 AM Permalink

hey, yea thanks for the crit. Its been a while since I havent posted progress, but i think ive finished now. The feet is bigger also now and has a bit of a big head :P

here is what i have so far: :)

Ive started modeling the anime character naruto, im just getting the hang of character and organic modeling. So far this is what i have and is sitting on 2931 Tris.

Crits are welcome, I really do need it :P

Thx guys

Submitted by davidcoen on Fri, 17/08/07 - 6:06 AM Permalink

looks recognisable as naruto so you are off to a good start.

the feet seem a little small, he seems to get drawns as a sightly deformed and short small boy, which makes the head, hands and feet larger relative to the body than those of an adult.

there is sometimes a question of if articulation of a persons posture should be in the rig or the model, since most people can not actually straigten their spine, i tend to like have the geometry contain the arch of someones hack (have a look at someone side on) so that if the model gets rigged, it can have a 'natural' pose without animator keeping on having to add the natural spinal curve....

Submitted by ChosonLord on Fri, 17/08/07 - 10:04 AM Permalink

hey, yea thanks for the crit. Its been a while since I havent posted progress, but i think ive finished now. The feet is bigger also now and has a bit of a big head :P

here is what i have so far: :)