Skip to main content

No Exhibition Art from me - Stolen Work

Submitted by Morphine on

Well I don't know about fellow Sumeans but I've had a $hitty Long-Weekened Easter break.

I went with my family to Moreton Island, off the coast of Brisbane to camp over the long weekend. However, some little feral decided to break into my brother's car and steal my bag [:(!], which had all my clothes for the 4-5 days, toiletries and thongs (NOT THE THONGS! [:D]). What was the most important thing about this bag wasn't the clothes, I can replace them, it was my artbook. My beloved artwork was in the stolen bag. Unreplacable.

I was halfway drawing a concept sketch of an orc engineer, an old thread. I was going to scan it, touch it up and exhibit but now it's only a fantasy of mine. I'll have to start again [:(]

If I ever found the guy (we know it was a guy as a sus person was hanging around the car at the time, only speculation though) I'd be beating 9 colours of crap out of him and then politely asking for my possessions back.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Tue, 13/04/04 - 11:07 PM Permalink

Shit, sorry to hear that Morphine, you might try putting up a notice in the local shops there or something, worth a try. I'll be sure to keep my sketch book close to me at all times now on my little holiday (going to Lismore, W00t!!).

Keep your chin up though mate.

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 13/04/04 - 11:21 PM Permalink

Let's hope the thief uses it to paper cut himself in the eye :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 13/04/04 - 11:26 PM Permalink

ouch man that sucks, keep you chin up though, atleast your ok yourself :)

Submitted by inglis on Tue, 13/04/04 - 11:28 PM Permalink

youll probably find your clothes/bag on a rack at a used clothes store/or on his back, your book in a gutter/bin and whatever money he got from pawning your stuff injected into his arm.

Submitted by inglis on Tue, 13/04/04 - 11:30 PM Permalink

ahhh....

'we live in a beautiful world..Yeah we do yeah we do' - coldplay

Submitted by TheBigJ on Wed, 14/04/04 - 12:28 AM Permalink

Damn, that sucks. I agree, he probably would have dumped it as soon as he looked inside. I've had a dude come into the house once, collected handbags and wallets, took the cash and left them in the garden. Bastard snuck right past me as I was watching TV too. Must have been pretty desperate, he's just lucky I didn't spot him.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 14/04/04 - 2:48 AM Permalink

Man, that is so shitty... I've had my car broken in to twice. The first time, I had nothing in the car except about $5-6 worth of change (we're talking 5 cent, 10 cent, and 20 cent coins here - a whole handful). It was in a small compartment next to the steering wheel, and they actually took *every* last cent! The second time someone broke in, they must've been a bit pissed off, since there was really nothing in my car to take. They did manage to screw up the driver's side lock though (they must've stuck in a screwdriver and twisted it like mad for the door to open). So for the rest of the time I had that car, I had to go in through the passenger side. [:p] *shakes fist*
One of my programmer friends had his PC stolen a few months ago. Took the tower, flatscreen monitor, everything.. He lost *all* his source code that he's ever written (some way back from the c64 and Amiga too) and the diary which he wrote in every day (probably over 20 years worth).

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 14/04/04 - 4:28 AM Permalink

One word to desrcibe them. C*NTS. My sister's new appartment was broken into a few weeks back and they cleared a fair bit of stuff. Took all her DVDs as well. The insurance company refused to replace them as they didn't have reciepts or photo proof :/ Who are the bigger crooks?

I hope that your gear turns up somewhere along the line.

Submitted by Morphine on Wed, 14/04/04 - 11:23 PM Permalink

I do hope my stuff gets found, I doubt the guy would have had any use for what stuff was in there, maybe the bag itself because it was a nice bag (Billabong mind you). [:)]

My bro contacted the insurance company for his car (RACQ, NRMA for NSWers), and my bag isn't covered, even though he has full comprehensive with them. It was classed as not being a "fixed" object. So if they stole the headdeck, sure, they'd pay out. I'm with RACQ now with full comp, I'm seriously thinking about changing it to someone else next year (March was my payment date), maybe to Suncorp that covers to $300 for un-"fixed" objects. [:p]

I'm going to search around the streets to see if I can find my book, I don't mind about the rest if its found or not. Tempted to set an alarm to my car when set will electrify anyone that touches it [:D]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 15/04/04 - 2:30 AM Permalink

holy..... i so want one of them flame fitted cars :D

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 15/04/04 - 9:42 PM Permalink

The invenetor believes that it will only permanently blind someone :D

I say we use it on him.

Submitted by urgrund on Thu, 15/04/04 - 10:49 PM Permalink

you'd think somewhere remote like Moreton Is wouldn't really attract thieves!
"Hey... lets sit around on Moreton and hope a 4bie' pulls up nearby"

Yeh, loosing artwork is a pain, whether from a pc error or otherwise...

Submitted by davidcoen on Tue, 27/04/04 - 6:31 AM Permalink

yeah, it really sux. last time i broke into a car, all i got was some broken glass, some thongs, ans some scrayy cloths and papers.

Posted by Morphine on

Well I don't know about fellow Sumeans but I've had a $hitty Long-Weekened Easter break.

I went with my family to Moreton Island, off the coast of Brisbane to camp over the long weekend. However, some little feral decided to break into my brother's car and steal my bag [:(!], which had all my clothes for the 4-5 days, toiletries and thongs (NOT THE THONGS! [:D]). What was the most important thing about this bag wasn't the clothes, I can replace them, it was my artbook. My beloved artwork was in the stolen bag. Unreplacable.

I was halfway drawing a concept sketch of an orc engineer, an old thread. I was going to scan it, touch it up and exhibit but now it's only a fantasy of mine. I'll have to start again [:(]

If I ever found the guy (we know it was a guy as a sus person was hanging around the car at the time, only speculation though) I'd be beating 9 colours of crap out of him and then politely asking for my possessions back.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Tue, 13/04/04 - 11:07 PM Permalink

Shit, sorry to hear that Morphine, you might try putting up a notice in the local shops there or something, worth a try. I'll be sure to keep my sketch book close to me at all times now on my little holiday (going to Lismore, W00t!!).

Keep your chin up though mate.

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 13/04/04 - 11:21 PM Permalink

Let's hope the thief uses it to paper cut himself in the eye :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 13/04/04 - 11:26 PM Permalink

ouch man that sucks, keep you chin up though, atleast your ok yourself :)

Submitted by inglis on Tue, 13/04/04 - 11:28 PM Permalink

youll probably find your clothes/bag on a rack at a used clothes store/or on his back, your book in a gutter/bin and whatever money he got from pawning your stuff injected into his arm.

Submitted by inglis on Tue, 13/04/04 - 11:30 PM Permalink

ahhh....

'we live in a beautiful world..Yeah we do yeah we do' - coldplay

Submitted by TheBigJ on Wed, 14/04/04 - 12:28 AM Permalink

Damn, that sucks. I agree, he probably would have dumped it as soon as he looked inside. I've had a dude come into the house once, collected handbags and wallets, took the cash and left them in the garden. Bastard snuck right past me as I was watching TV too. Must have been pretty desperate, he's just lucky I didn't spot him.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 14/04/04 - 2:48 AM Permalink

Man, that is so shitty... I've had my car broken in to twice. The first time, I had nothing in the car except about $5-6 worth of change (we're talking 5 cent, 10 cent, and 20 cent coins here - a whole handful). It was in a small compartment next to the steering wheel, and they actually took *every* last cent! The second time someone broke in, they must've been a bit pissed off, since there was really nothing in my car to take. They did manage to screw up the driver's side lock though (they must've stuck in a screwdriver and twisted it like mad for the door to open). So for the rest of the time I had that car, I had to go in through the passenger side. [:p] *shakes fist*
One of my programmer friends had his PC stolen a few months ago. Took the tower, flatscreen monitor, everything.. He lost *all* his source code that he's ever written (some way back from the c64 and Amiga too) and the diary which he wrote in every day (probably over 20 years worth).

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 14/04/04 - 4:28 AM Permalink

One word to desrcibe them. C*NTS. My sister's new appartment was broken into a few weeks back and they cleared a fair bit of stuff. Took all her DVDs as well. The insurance company refused to replace them as they didn't have reciepts or photo proof :/ Who are the bigger crooks?

I hope that your gear turns up somewhere along the line.

Submitted by Morphine on Wed, 14/04/04 - 11:23 PM Permalink

I do hope my stuff gets found, I doubt the guy would have had any use for what stuff was in there, maybe the bag itself because it was a nice bag (Billabong mind you). [:)]

My bro contacted the insurance company for his car (RACQ, NRMA for NSWers), and my bag isn't covered, even though he has full comprehensive with them. It was classed as not being a "fixed" object. So if they stole the headdeck, sure, they'd pay out. I'm with RACQ now with full comp, I'm seriously thinking about changing it to someone else next year (March was my payment date), maybe to Suncorp that covers to $300 for un-"fixed" objects. [:p]

I'm going to search around the streets to see if I can find my book, I don't mind about the rest if its found or not. Tempted to set an alarm to my car when set will electrify anyone that touches it [:D]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 15/04/04 - 2:30 AM Permalink

holy..... i so want one of them flame fitted cars :D

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 15/04/04 - 9:42 PM Permalink

The invenetor believes that it will only permanently blind someone :D

I say we use it on him.

Submitted by urgrund on Thu, 15/04/04 - 10:49 PM Permalink

you'd think somewhere remote like Moreton Is wouldn't really attract thieves!
"Hey... lets sit around on Moreton and hope a 4bie' pulls up nearby"

Yeh, loosing artwork is a pain, whether from a pc error or otherwise...

Submitted by davidcoen on Tue, 27/04/04 - 6:31 AM Permalink

yeah, it really sux. last time i broke into a car, all i got was some broken glass, some thongs, ans some scrayy cloths and papers.