Skip to main content

Sorceror Bob Vs Doord in a Digital Draw Off

Submitted by Doord on
Forum

Well Matt (Sorceror Bob) and I (Doord) were chatting about art on MSN as we usually do around 4 O'clock. And we came around to rating ourselves out of ten for a modelling and 2D skills. I gave my self a 8/10 for modelling and a 4.5/10 for 2D. Were Matt said he would rate himself a little lower and model and a bit higher in 2D then myself.

Well me being an ego crazy freak (as a lot of you know) I said I would draw a image for Matt and see what he reckoned. Then I ask if he would like to be in on it and the little comp was formed.

The two of us are going to draw one character each and wish for you guy to vote on the one you like the best, few free to add and comments on the works also.

There are very few rules.

- One character.
- No background. Character need to take up 80% of the image, clothing or object(s) the character is interacting with are counted as the character. (Does that help you out Matt?)
- No character story or explanation just the drawing. A title can be added.
- Characters will be posted together on the 1st of April 9:00am EST.
- When Character are posted there are to be no names on the image, so judges do not which image is is owned by who.
- WIP are to be posted after voting. 5th of April 9:00am EST.

Submitted by Kane on Fri, 26/03/04 - 5:13 AM Permalink

sounds like a duel...cut sick, ill cast a vote!

Submitted by matias on Fri, 26/03/04 - 6:44 AM Permalink

high noon, draw paternah!

oooh that was bad I know but hey someone had to say it right?[:p]

Submitted by hobonation on Fri, 26/03/04 - 8:20 AM Permalink

w0000t! I'll vote, because i also have no life...... oh well!

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 26/03/04 - 8:51 AM Permalink

Bob your up against it - if you can top doord, i bow down :D

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Fri, 26/03/04 - 9:35 AM Permalink

ahhh man :) i had an entire scene thought out for mine

Submitted by Pantmonger on Fri, 26/03/04 - 9:49 AM Permalink

Fight, Fight, Fight.

Oh and HazarD, I did see your typo :)

Pantmonger

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 26/03/04 - 10:18 AM Permalink

DAmN! sorry pants!!

Bob i reckon yours will be sick as well .. without a charcater design for the both of you to stick to - i reckon it will make the judging even harder....

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Fri, 26/03/04 - 10:38 AM Permalink

*fwaps pete*

they're boobs!!

i.. er.. mean.. they are.. wings.. yeah..

Submitted by matias on Fri, 26/03/04 - 10:41 AM Permalink

hahaha, I thought they were tits as well! Thats why I was pissing myself, drag in bannana boots!
aaah sledging, proud australian tradition, oh man I am tuning in for this!

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Fri, 26/03/04 - 10:48 AM Permalink

yup, I'm at least going to take the sledging crown

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Fri, 26/03/04 - 10:49 AM Permalink

I'll just stick around for the sledging.. I just fell the sledging will mostly be from Matt. Maybe Doord can hire me get SocBob back [:D]

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 26/03/04 - 11:17 AM Permalink

i guess there will be some drawing in there somewhere....

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Fri, 26/03/04 - 11:19 AM Permalink

I sure hope so.. will there be WIP's? or just a finshed picture at the end?

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 26/03/04 - 12:41 PM Permalink

Well get the jump on him by posting a WIP first bob, create that WOW factor!! [:P] DOH

looks like doord beat you to it.

Comments crits : nice work on the feet man, tits need a bit of work, can really see the steed coming out in that concept. big knockers and big banana boots, cept its male......

Submitted by hobonation on Fri, 26/03/04 - 7:02 PM Permalink

woooo! go sorcorer Bob, YOUR ALREADY WINNING just by entering! wooo! :D

Submitted by Doord on Fri, 26/03/04 - 8:17 PM Permalink

Well thanks to everyone for the nice words on the WIP. I wasn't big on the banana feet but they seen to be a hit. What do you all think of the transsexual look I'm going for.

But Matt shame on you, hacking my computer. Must have taken a long time to do considering that I have no net connection (did you hack along the power line amazing.) BUT!! I think your time would have been better spend do odd jobs for little old ladies. So that you could pay someone to do this duel for you.

Rule changes above.

Submitted by Doord on Fri, 26/03/04 - 8:27 PM Permalink

I would not like to show WIP so that the full impact of the works can be felt. I will to save of my work every 20 mins and the post WIP images at the end. And Maybe you would like to do the same Matt.

What do you think??

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 26/03/04 - 8:31 PM Permalink

pay someone to do his work for him?! that's horrible nasty slander that is!

*hides the bag marked with a huge $ sign behind his back*

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 26/03/04 - 8:38 PM Permalink

shut up styles u homo................*shakes head in confusion*
sorry styles, i just got caught in the moment of sledging. This is going to be a very funny thread, i can tell.

Submitted by matias on Fri, 26/03/04 - 9:22 PM Permalink

aargh, sledging backlash! I sortof agree with doord tho, WIP's would be cool but you loose the whole 'grand unveiling' effect which can be powerful, like if you have a super striking character, with awesome colour an presence seeing him slowly come together, while cool, loses his impact...
I think thats what doord was getting at, of course I could have been reading a completely different thread to everyone else[:p]

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Fri, 26/03/04 - 10:54 PM Permalink

Just a note, just let SocBob and Doord do the sledging, last thing we need is an all out Sledge fight in there forum.

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 26/03/04 - 11:05 PM Permalink

awwwwwwwww spolit all the fun USF [:(]

Posted by Doord on
Forum

Well Matt (Sorceror Bob) and I (Doord) were chatting about art on MSN as we usually do around 4 O'clock. And we came around to rating ourselves out of ten for a modelling and 2D skills. I gave my self a 8/10 for modelling and a 4.5/10 for 2D. Were Matt said he would rate himself a little lower and model and a bit higher in 2D then myself.

Well me being an ego crazy freak (as a lot of you know) I said I would draw a image for Matt and see what he reckoned. Then I ask if he would like to be in on it and the little comp was formed.

The two of us are going to draw one character each and wish for you guy to vote on the one you like the best, few free to add and comments on the works also.

There are very few rules.

- One character.
- No background. Character need to take up 80% of the image, clothing or object(s) the character is interacting with are counted as the character. (Does that help you out Matt?)
- No character story or explanation just the drawing. A title can be added.
- Characters will be posted together on the 1st of April 9:00am EST.
- When Character are posted there are to be no names on the image, so judges do not which image is is owned by who.
- WIP are to be posted after voting. 5th of April 9:00am EST.

Submitted by Kane on Fri, 26/03/04 - 5:13 AM Permalink

sounds like a duel...cut sick, ill cast a vote!

Submitted by matias on Fri, 26/03/04 - 6:44 AM Permalink

high noon, draw paternah!

oooh that was bad I know but hey someone had to say it right?[:p]

Submitted by hobonation on Fri, 26/03/04 - 8:20 AM Permalink

w0000t! I'll vote, because i also have no life...... oh well!

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 26/03/04 - 8:51 AM Permalink

Bob your up against it - if you can top doord, i bow down :D

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Fri, 26/03/04 - 9:35 AM Permalink

ahhh man :) i had an entire scene thought out for mine

Submitted by Pantmonger on Fri, 26/03/04 - 9:49 AM Permalink

Fight, Fight, Fight.

Oh and HazarD, I did see your typo :)

Pantmonger

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 26/03/04 - 10:18 AM Permalink

DAmN! sorry pants!!

Bob i reckon yours will be sick as well .. without a charcater design for the both of you to stick to - i reckon it will make the judging even harder....

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Fri, 26/03/04 - 10:38 AM Permalink

*fwaps pete*

they're boobs!!

i.. er.. mean.. they are.. wings.. yeah..

Submitted by matias on Fri, 26/03/04 - 10:41 AM Permalink

hahaha, I thought they were tits as well! Thats why I was pissing myself, drag in bannana boots!
aaah sledging, proud australian tradition, oh man I am tuning in for this!

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Fri, 26/03/04 - 10:48 AM Permalink

yup, I'm at least going to take the sledging crown

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Fri, 26/03/04 - 10:49 AM Permalink

I'll just stick around for the sledging.. I just fell the sledging will mostly be from Matt. Maybe Doord can hire me get SocBob back [:D]

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 26/03/04 - 11:17 AM Permalink

i guess there will be some drawing in there somewhere....

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Fri, 26/03/04 - 11:19 AM Permalink

I sure hope so.. will there be WIP's? or just a finshed picture at the end?

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 26/03/04 - 12:41 PM Permalink

Well get the jump on him by posting a WIP first bob, create that WOW factor!! [:P] DOH

looks like doord beat you to it.

Comments crits : nice work on the feet man, tits need a bit of work, can really see the steed coming out in that concept. big knockers and big banana boots, cept its male......

Submitted by hobonation on Fri, 26/03/04 - 7:02 PM Permalink

woooo! go sorcorer Bob, YOUR ALREADY WINNING just by entering! wooo! :D

Submitted by Doord on Fri, 26/03/04 - 8:17 PM Permalink

Well thanks to everyone for the nice words on the WIP. I wasn't big on the banana feet but they seen to be a hit. What do you all think of the transsexual look I'm going for.

But Matt shame on you, hacking my computer. Must have taken a long time to do considering that I have no net connection (did you hack along the power line amazing.) BUT!! I think your time would have been better spend do odd jobs for little old ladies. So that you could pay someone to do this duel for you.

Rule changes above.

Submitted by Doord on Fri, 26/03/04 - 8:27 PM Permalink

I would not like to show WIP so that the full impact of the works can be felt. I will to save of my work every 20 mins and the post WIP images at the end. And Maybe you would like to do the same Matt.

What do you think??

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 26/03/04 - 8:31 PM Permalink

pay someone to do his work for him?! that's horrible nasty slander that is!

*hides the bag marked with a huge $ sign behind his back*

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 26/03/04 - 8:38 PM Permalink

shut up styles u homo................*shakes head in confusion*
sorry styles, i just got caught in the moment of sledging. This is going to be a very funny thread, i can tell.

Submitted by matias on Fri, 26/03/04 - 9:22 PM Permalink

aargh, sledging backlash! I sortof agree with doord tho, WIP's would be cool but you loose the whole 'grand unveiling' effect which can be powerful, like if you have a super striking character, with awesome colour an presence seeing him slowly come together, while cool, loses his impact...
I think thats what doord was getting at, of course I could have been reading a completely different thread to everyone else[:p]

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Fri, 26/03/04 - 10:54 PM Permalink

Just a note, just let SocBob and Doord do the sledging, last thing we need is an all out Sledge fight in there forum.

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 26/03/04 - 11:05 PM Permalink

awwwwwwwww spolit all the fun USF [:(]