Skip to main content

environments

Another page in my sketchbook filled. Some time ago I posted some quick environment visualisations, these are more or less a continuation of that theme (being quick environment visualisations). I was going to do them as pen line drawings but don't seem to own any functioning pens at the moment so went the pencil route, which I'm happy I did as I they have become an exercise in tone as well. If i can maintain the motivation I'll do a few more and post em.

Submitted by tojo on Thu, 01/01/09 - 9:40 AM Permalink

very cool and fun looking sketches dude

my favorites are the last 2

..but they all look consistent and could easily be imagined in a game world

Submitted by Sabre070 on Thu, 01/01/09 - 1:16 PM Permalink

I was considering making a game only using sketches. I never got around to it..

Still, cool!

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 01/01/09 - 1:47 PM Permalink

I'm impressed! I really like your style and the atmosphere you pulled off with only pencil sketches.

Feels like a Japanese isometric adventure. Get some water-colour or something in there!

Posted by Johnn on

Another page in my sketchbook filled. Some time ago I posted some quick environment visualisations, these are more or less a continuation of that theme (being quick environment visualisations). I was going to do them as pen line drawings but don't seem to own any functioning pens at the moment so went the pencil route, which I'm happy I did as I they have become an exercise in tone as well. If i can maintain the motivation I'll do a few more and post em.

Submitted by tojo on Thu, 01/01/09 - 9:40 AM Permalink

very cool and fun looking sketches dude

my favorites are the last 2

..but they all look consistent and could easily be imagined in a game world

Submitted by Sabre070 on Thu, 01/01/09 - 1:16 PM Permalink

I was considering making a game only using sketches. I never got around to it..

Still, cool!

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 01/01/09 - 1:47 PM Permalink

I'm impressed! I really like your style and the atmosphere you pulled off with only pencil sketches.

Feels like a Japanese isometric adventure. Get some water-colour or something in there!