The Gridwerx team, following on from the success of winning the AGDC 2005 Best Unsigned Game (Professional) and the Sumea 2005 Independent Developer with Greatest Potential vote, is now seeking collaborators to work with the team to expand into casual gaming, with several small scale, short turnaround projects planned. If you are Brisbane based, passionate about making games, and interested in getting involved in the development of casual games on an after-hours basis (as our team has "bread an butter" jobs in the day time to pay the bills) in one of the following roles, please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com.
Casual Game Developer: Talented game developer required with experience in rapid iterative development to create fun, innovative, high quality casual games. Ideally, the applicant should have proficiency in:
- C++ and the ability to ramp up quickly with new frameworks (esp. popcap)
- experience with DirectX and ActiveX
- sound code documentation skills and strong source control processes (e.g. CVS)
- creativity and innovative concepts for game design and addictive core gameplay
- also desirable is web-hosted application skills, including PHP and MySQL, MSSQL, SQLite
Concept/2D Artist: Creative concept/2D artists required to design and develop the style and assets for downloadable online casual games. A solid grasp of usable interface design, along with the ability to design and produce conceptual art and assets in a timely manner with broad market appeal is essential. Ideally, the applicant should have proficiency in:
- experience in creating innovative art and animation assets for 2D games essential
- task oriented and attention to detail, drive and ability to stay focused and follow through
- strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and other design-oriented programs
?experience with conceptual work, user interface design, and/or traditional animation strongly desirable
- audio experience and composition also desirable
Web Developer/Programmer: This dual role is to support the design, maintenance and support of the website, online community forums, content management system and keeping content fresh, as well as being actively involved in supporting the development of casual gaming titles. Key skills required:
- Strong CMS (e.g. Mambo) development experience
- Fluent in page, image, script and load-time optimization.
- Strong understanding of effective user-interface and visual layout.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and a familiarity with Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia web applications.
- Experience with MySQL desirable.
- Experience writing & debugging C++, including code written by others.
- Strong familiarity with source control and process, such as CVS, tortoise CVS
- Experience with site statistics tracking (e.g. Livestats) and search engine optimisation
- Experience with installation packaging (MSIs) highly desirable
Gridwerx is an independent games development company established in Brisbane, Queensland, in July 2003. We combine our talented team with clever concepts and proven technology to create thought-provoking, innovative entertainment of tomorrow.