Wellington, New Zealand - May 12, 2005 - Sidhe Interactive today announced the development of "GripShift", an innovative puzzle-platform-driving-action title for the Sony PSPT portable entertainment system. Developed from the ground-up specifically for the PSPT portable system, GripShift is to be co-published by Sony Online Entertainment and Red Mile EntertainmentT and is scheduled to be available Fall 2005.
GripShiftT is the first video game for the PSPT portable entertainment system to combine high-flying stunt driving and unique puzzle-solving action in an all-out, pedal-to-the-metal driving experience. Players will race as one of six unique characters in souped-up vehicles as they stunt their way through insane twisting levels while collecting power-ups, avoiding traps, beating the clock and challenging friends.
"We are pleased to bring such an original and exciting title to fans of the PSP portable system," said Chris Sturr, Senior Brand Manager, Sony Online Entertainment. "GripShift is an original breakthrough combination of stunt driving, platform and puzzle action that is sure to thrill."
The features of GripShiftT include
- Original Combination of Genres: Stunt Driving, Platform Action and Puzzle-Solving genres combined offer the ultimate on-the-go driving experience.
- Vibrant 3D Environments: Stunt through more than 100 diverse levels in 4 themed worlds (Desert, Jungle, Ice and Horror) that come alive with brilliant 3D graphics, stunning lighting and dynamic visual effects
- Puzzle-like challenges: Multiple routes, short-cuts, loops, jumps, ramps, power-ups and dangers to avoid will challenge the most skilled drivers
- Exciting Race Mode: Additional racing circuits provide action for players to race against the CPU or human drivers
- 8 Bonus Games: Penguin Bowling, Bomb Pool, Soccer Crazy, Snaker, Ice Hockey and more offer new challenges for you to conquer solo or with up to 3 of your friends.
- Wireless Multiplayer Gameplay: Single-player or multiplayer action for up to 4 players through the PSP system's wireless feature
- Customizable Levels: Create custom levels with the in-game Track Editor and share them wirelessly with friends
- Six Playable Characters: Play as one of 6 playable characters and customize your vehicles for a unique look
- Intuitive control system: Optimized gameplay and aerial physics allow for awesome jumps with massive hang-time
Product demonstrations of GripShift will be available in Sony Online Entertainment's booth (946) in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center during the Electronic Entertainment Expo from May 18-20.
Note to media: Screenshots from the game are available for download from www.gripshiftgame.com. Permission is given for these to be used in your publication or website.
About Sidhe Interactive
Sidhe Interactive develops games for the PC, Sony PlayStationT, Sony PlayStationT 2, Sony PlayStation PortableT and Microsoft XboxT. You can find out more about Sidhe Interactive online at www.sidheinteractive.com.
About Red Mile Entertainment
Red Mile Entertainment, Inc. is a worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. The company is headquartered in Sausalito, California. More information about Red Mile and its products may be found at www.redmileentertainment.com .
About Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Digital Inc., is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with a subscriber base of over 800,000 active accounts around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchises and hit titles including EverQuestR, EverQuestR II, Champions of NorrathT, Untold LegendsT, and PlanetSideR, as well as for developing Star Wars GalaxiesT: An Empire DividedT, SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities while introducing new genres on various entertainment platforms. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional development studios in Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, and Taiwan, SOE has an array of cutting-edge online games in development.
EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. SOE, the SOE logo and PlanetSide are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners. PSP is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Memory Stick DuoT may be required (sold separately).