Skip to main content

Is this any good?

Submitted by Skirmish on
Forum

G'day, long time reader first time poster. I have knocked up a demo to be the core of my CV. It is 3DS viewer called GLoadX that can be found here: http://www.skullbonez.com/gloadx/gloadx.htm I would really appreciate any feedback you might have, particularly if you think it is good enough to gain employment. Not sure if it is relavent but I am in Canberra and am looking locally.

Apologies if this should have been posted in the looking for work section but I wanted the opinion of fellow programmers.

Cheers
-A-

Submitted by axon on Wed, 02/02/05 - 2:24 AM Permalink

It definately looks pretty schmik.
Though without puting it through it's paces (or reviewing code style) I dunno if it'll win you work.

To help exstoll its virtues maybe a table of feature comparison with some other viewers would help it stand out. Or maybe a set of benchmark-type results which show that this viewer handles (fixes?) 3ds files which other exporters/importers/viewers don't.

Some notes on the software design might be helpful too. If I were recruiting coders and I checked it out. I'd be looking for evidence of skill aside from functionality (who's to say u didn't just cut & paste the viewer/importer code from a couple of SDKs (like I would [:P]).

(your link has attached the '.' which has broken it).

But all in all. Cool to have something that you can use to put DX & OGL side-by-side!

Posted by Skirmish on
Forum

G'day, long time reader first time poster. I have knocked up a demo to be the core of my CV. It is 3DS viewer called GLoadX that can be found here: http://www.skullbonez.com/gloadx/gloadx.htm I would really appreciate any feedback you might have, particularly if you think it is good enough to gain employment. Not sure if it is relavent but I am in Canberra and am looking locally.

Apologies if this should have been posted in the looking for work section but I wanted the opinion of fellow programmers.

Cheers
-A-

Submitted by axon on Wed, 02/02/05 - 2:24 AM Permalink

It definately looks pretty schmik.
Though without puting it through it's paces (or reviewing code style) I dunno if it'll win you work.

To help exstoll its virtues maybe a table of feature comparison with some other viewers would help it stand out. Or maybe a set of benchmark-type results which show that this viewer handles (fixes?) 3ds files which other exporters/importers/viewers don't.

Some notes on the software design might be helpful too. If I were recruiting coders and I checked it out. I'd be looking for evidence of skill aside from functionality (who's to say u didn't just cut & paste the viewer/importer code from a couple of SDKs (like I would [:P]).

(your link has attached the '.' which has broken it).

But all in all. Cool to have something that you can use to put DX & OGL side-by-side!