Skip to main content

Sumea Meet-Up Indie Conference

Submitted by Jacana on
Forum

Ok :)

Time is drawing near and it's about time we get one off the ground :)

Sumea Meet-Up for a Thursday night dinner before the conference.

Thinking maybe some Friday night general havok as well, since there are no official evening activities planned.

Oh yea! Souri is coming to dinner - I am making him!

Submitted by CombatWombat on Mon, 10/05/04 - 9:24 PM Permalink

Hmm, well it's was a nice place, and the food was very good, but the vegetarian menu and dip selection were very limited at this place :-(

Argh, next suggestion :-(

Southgate food court (~300m from the conference venue) even has a Nandos, so that'd work for at least fluffyCatFood, I expect :) It'd end up being cheaper, we can add more tables on depending on who turns up, and most importantly it has a charmaines ice-creamery... Only drawback is it closes at 9pm, but we can meet up at like 6pm to offset that hassle.

URL for the food court is http://www.southgate-melbourne.com.au/dining.php?id=50

There's a decent range of vegetarian options there. This time for sure, rocky ;)

Submitted by Blitz on Mon, 10/05/04 - 11:23 PM Permalink

Probably something that doesn require a reservation (like the food court) is probably a very good idea, i'm not sure how much i like the chances of finding out exactly how many people would be coming, and lots of people + no reservation = no food :P
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 11/05/04 - 12:51 AM Permalink

sounds great, meet at the food court and pull up a chair :D see you there :P

Submitted by TyKeiL on Wed, 12/05/04 - 12:15 AM Permalink

yay, im not sure exactly what time i'll be getting to melbourn with maitrek and friend, but i hope to see you there

Submitted by souri on Fri, 14/05/04 - 10:16 PM Permalink

So is the Southgate food court place confirmed? The conference is next week so some maps and directions would be great right now since I'm a newbie when it comes to Melbourne. I'm afraid I might get lost and attacked by rabid Melbournians with sticks. [:(]

Submitted by CombatWombat on Fri, 14/05/04 - 11:28 PM Permalink

Okies, here's another example of why programmers should be kept away from art tools:

[img]http://members.optushome.com.au/markkj/southmap.gif[/img]

The food court is on the eastern side of the ground floor of southgate. I'll make sure I'm there at 6pm, and I'm easy to spot, likely being the only wheeled beastie in the food court :) The official sumea meetup phone number for if y'all get abducted by aliens or attacked by stick-wielding Melbournians is 0425 728 234.

Cheers,

Mark/CW

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 15/05/04 - 4:36 AM Permalink

heh heh you better charge ur batterys, were gonna wear em out

"by the river... wait theres a river? oh so i shouldnt be looking at the museum then... that far away huh..."

Submitted by Rahnem on Tue, 18/05/04 - 3:48 AM Permalink

I'm flying in on Wednesday. Don't know if I can make the dinner though. I'll see how it goes.

Submitted by Jacana on Tue, 18/05/04 - 4:31 AM Permalink

Ok - I will be checking in then heading to Southgate for dinner. If anyone wants to meet at the check in place for the conference you can phone 0413657583. It will take about 10 minutes to walk to Southgate from there so we'll be taking off about 5:45pm

Submitted by souri on Tue, 18/05/04 - 4:43 AM Permalink

I'll be going to the Sumea dinner on Thursday to get aquainted with some friends on here, I'm hoping to get into that AIE/Torus Games Social Event on Friday night, and the Nocturnal Breakfast at 9am Saturday too [:D]

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Tue, 18/05/04 - 10:14 PM Permalink

Well I'm friggin broke, unless a miracle happens I wont be going :( you guys have to take a lot of pictures

Submitted by CombatWombat on Tue, 18/05/04 - 10:58 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

... and the Nocturnal Breakfast at 9am Saturday too [:D]

Surely a much better name for that would be the Nocturnal _Dinner_ at 9am? ;->

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 19/05/04 - 1:52 AM Permalink

cant you borrow some money off someone fluffy?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 20/05/04 - 8:47 AM Permalink

heh i had 2, last minute thing aswell :P
btw someone remember to bring a digi cam as mine (ok my sisters whom i allways nick it off) is currently out of bounds so as to speak.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 21/05/04 - 7:51 AM Permalink

sorry for double post but

well being one of the few who didnt head off to the pub (guess why :P ) im back with time to stuff around and make this post tonight, so basicly great to meet you guys and i hope souri gets some net time while hes in melb cause he got a group shot for everyone to mass butcher in photoshop.

Lotsa fun meeting you guys and ill seeya on sunday

Submitted by TyKeiL on Mon, 24/05/04 - 7:50 PM Permalink

the sumea meetup was a sucess in my opinion,definatly was a good welcoming wagon for ppl interstate and an excellent kick off to the whole thing,

IGDC was great fun, its monday and im back in adelaide =P

Posted by Jacana on
Forum

Ok :)

Time is drawing near and it's about time we get one off the ground :)

Sumea Meet-Up for a Thursday night dinner before the conference.

Thinking maybe some Friday night general havok as well, since there are no official evening activities planned.

Oh yea! Souri is coming to dinner - I am making him!

Submitted by CombatWombat on Mon, 10/05/04 - 9:24 PM Permalink

Hmm, well it's was a nice place, and the food was very good, but the vegetarian menu and dip selection were very limited at this place :-(

Argh, next suggestion :-(

Southgate food court (~300m from the conference venue) even has a Nandos, so that'd work for at least fluffyCatFood, I expect :) It'd end up being cheaper, we can add more tables on depending on who turns up, and most importantly it has a charmaines ice-creamery... Only drawback is it closes at 9pm, but we can meet up at like 6pm to offset that hassle.

URL for the food court is http://www.southgate-melbourne.com.au/dining.php?id=50

There's a decent range of vegetarian options there. This time for sure, rocky ;)

Submitted by Blitz on Mon, 10/05/04 - 11:23 PM Permalink

Probably something that doesn require a reservation (like the food court) is probably a very good idea, i'm not sure how much i like the chances of finding out exactly how many people would be coming, and lots of people + no reservation = no food :P
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 11/05/04 - 12:51 AM Permalink

sounds great, meet at the food court and pull up a chair :D see you there :P

Submitted by TyKeiL on Wed, 12/05/04 - 12:15 AM Permalink

yay, im not sure exactly what time i'll be getting to melbourn with maitrek and friend, but i hope to see you there

Submitted by souri on Fri, 14/05/04 - 10:16 PM Permalink

So is the Southgate food court place confirmed? The conference is next week so some maps and directions would be great right now since I'm a newbie when it comes to Melbourne. I'm afraid I might get lost and attacked by rabid Melbournians with sticks. [:(]

Submitted by CombatWombat on Fri, 14/05/04 - 11:28 PM Permalink

Okies, here's another example of why programmers should be kept away from art tools:

[img]http://members.optushome.com.au/markkj/southmap.gif[/img]

The food court is on the eastern side of the ground floor of southgate. I'll make sure I'm there at 6pm, and I'm easy to spot, likely being the only wheeled beastie in the food court :) The official sumea meetup phone number for if y'all get abducted by aliens or attacked by stick-wielding Melbournians is 0425 728 234.

Cheers,

Mark/CW

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 15/05/04 - 4:36 AM Permalink

heh heh you better charge ur batterys, were gonna wear em out

"by the river... wait theres a river? oh so i shouldnt be looking at the museum then... that far away huh..."

Submitted by Rahnem on Tue, 18/05/04 - 3:48 AM Permalink

I'm flying in on Wednesday. Don't know if I can make the dinner though. I'll see how it goes.

Submitted by Jacana on Tue, 18/05/04 - 4:31 AM Permalink

Ok - I will be checking in then heading to Southgate for dinner. If anyone wants to meet at the check in place for the conference you can phone 0413657583. It will take about 10 minutes to walk to Southgate from there so we'll be taking off about 5:45pm

Submitted by souri on Tue, 18/05/04 - 4:43 AM Permalink

I'll be going to the Sumea dinner on Thursday to get aquainted with some friends on here, I'm hoping to get into that AIE/Torus Games Social Event on Friday night, and the Nocturnal Breakfast at 9am Saturday too [:D]

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Tue, 18/05/04 - 10:14 PM Permalink

Well I'm friggin broke, unless a miracle happens I wont be going :( you guys have to take a lot of pictures

Submitted by CombatWombat on Tue, 18/05/04 - 10:58 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

... and the Nocturnal Breakfast at 9am Saturday too [:D]

Surely a much better name for that would be the Nocturnal _Dinner_ at 9am? ;->

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 19/05/04 - 1:52 AM Permalink

cant you borrow some money off someone fluffy?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 20/05/04 - 8:47 AM Permalink

heh i had 2, last minute thing aswell :P
btw someone remember to bring a digi cam as mine (ok my sisters whom i allways nick it off) is currently out of bounds so as to speak.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 21/05/04 - 7:51 AM Permalink

sorry for double post but

well being one of the few who didnt head off to the pub (guess why :P ) im back with time to stuff around and make this post tonight, so basicly great to meet you guys and i hope souri gets some net time while hes in melb cause he got a group shot for everyone to mass butcher in photoshop.

Lotsa fun meeting you guys and ill seeya on sunday

Submitted by TyKeiL on Mon, 24/05/04 - 7:50 PM Permalink

the sumea meetup was a sucess in my opinion,definatly was a good welcoming wagon for ppl interstate and an excellent kick off to the whole thing,

IGDC was great fun, its monday and im back in adelaide =P