Skip to main content

Advice on climate change game idea?

Submitted by timh on
Forum

Hi people,

Here's a challenge for you all!

I am a climate change / renewable energy campaigner and have come up with an idea (more properly, two ideas) for communicating through digital gaming that we can tackle climate change with renewable energy and not touch the 'nuclear option'. It sounds esoteric and weird, and it probably is, but I am convinced it could work really well as a campaign tool!

I have heaps of contacts in the energy world who like the concept and believe it would be possible to model. However, I have no contacts on the IT tech side.

I am very much in need of an interested party to bounce ideas off and help me refine the concept to the point where I can seek funding and then, hopefully, turn it into reality - involving recruiting on of you to do it.

In the short term, I am seeking someone / various people off this forum who could help me in the development stage simply by answering questions, offering advice, etc.

Anyone out there willing / able to help me out?

Very much hoping to hear from you.
Many thanks,
Tim

Submitted by DaleK on Wed, 08/11/06 - 8:52 AM Permalink

My advice is that you must have the required concept and design documents done, and some concept art won't go astray, if you want anyone in the games industry to look over your idea.

Developers get hundreds of "I've got a great idea" proposals from people, and to avoid the auto-delete button, you need these docs. Otherwise, you'll never get into the boardroom.

Dale

Submitted by elsmarto on Wed, 08/11/06 - 3:13 PM Permalink

Hey Tim,

I'll give you a hand if you want.

I have very little experience in the gaming world(apart from playing of course) as I just started trying to get in, but I am an experienced commercial programmer and can probably give you hand as far as general tech stuff and programming go.

If you want my help just email me at s d smart @ gmail . com just remove the spaces.

Simon

Posted by timh on
Forum

Hi people,

Here's a challenge for you all!

I am a climate change / renewable energy campaigner and have come up with an idea (more properly, two ideas) for communicating through digital gaming that we can tackle climate change with renewable energy and not touch the 'nuclear option'. It sounds esoteric and weird, and it probably is, but I am convinced it could work really well as a campaign tool!

I have heaps of contacts in the energy world who like the concept and believe it would be possible to model. However, I have no contacts on the IT tech side.

I am very much in need of an interested party to bounce ideas off and help me refine the concept to the point where I can seek funding and then, hopefully, turn it into reality - involving recruiting on of you to do it.

In the short term, I am seeking someone / various people off this forum who could help me in the development stage simply by answering questions, offering advice, etc.

Anyone out there willing / able to help me out?

Very much hoping to hear from you.
Many thanks,
Tim

Submitted by DaleK on Wed, 08/11/06 - 8:52 AM Permalink

My advice is that you must have the required concept and design documents done, and some concept art won't go astray, if you want anyone in the games industry to look over your idea.

Developers get hundreds of "I've got a great idea" proposals from people, and to avoid the auto-delete button, you need these docs. Otherwise, you'll never get into the boardroom.

Dale

Submitted by elsmarto on Wed, 08/11/06 - 3:13 PM Permalink

Hey Tim,

I'll give you a hand if you want.

I have very little experience in the gaming world(apart from playing of course) as I just started trying to get in, but I am an experienced commercial programmer and can probably give you hand as far as general tech stuff and programming go.

If you want my help just email me at s d smart @ gmail . com just remove the spaces.

Simon