Forum: 

Hey Souri,

Having an issue with uploading new avatars to my profile, I browse to the file and click upload then I get a screen saying it's not a jpeg or that the file is empty, is there some sort of naming format for the file? It's definitely a jpeg, and I've tried other files, not sure what to do next.

Thanks in advance.

souri's picture

What browser are you using?

Wizenedoldman's picture

Mozilla Firefox, but if that's what's causing it I can easily use IE just to upload a couple of pics, I'll try it out.

Wizenedoldman's picture

Hooray! thanks Souri, all fixed, although it's probably given you something to worry over now with Firefox integration.

souri's picture

Yeh [:(]. Trust me, no one wants the upload function to work more on Firefox than me. I ditched using Internet Explorer as my primary web prowser a few months ago (only using it to check html/css compatibility on this site when I'm updating).

Firefox is incredible. It's got some very nice skins and many extensions which I simply cannot browse without now. If you haven't tried out Firefox yet, you're nuts!

As for the upload problem, I think I mentioned somewhere else, I don't think there's much I can do atm other than looking into another upload component.