Skip to main content

Boost 1.31.0 released

Submitted by redwyre on
Forum

"A unified Boost Software License has been developed and will gradually replace the individual licenses for most Boost libraries. The new license offers better legal protection for both users and developers, and should speed user's legal reviews of Boost libraries. Dave Abrahams led the Boost effort to develop better licensing."

The update also includes two new libraries and updates to numerous others.

Get it now: [url]www.boost.org[/url] (You know you want to)

Submitted by Kezza on Fri, 13/02/04 - 9:26 PM Permalink

I agree that boost is pretty damn cool, but the way much of it is written is not "compile-time friendly". I don't believe boost is in any form a replacement for the STL, just something you use in indervidual object files to solve specific problems (in style).

Posted by redwyre on
Forum

"A unified Boost Software License has been developed and will gradually replace the individual licenses for most Boost libraries. The new license offers better legal protection for both users and developers, and should speed user's legal reviews of Boost libraries. Dave Abrahams led the Boost effort to develop better licensing."

The update also includes two new libraries and updates to numerous others.

Get it now: [url]www.boost.org[/url] (You know you want to)

Submitted by Kezza on Fri, 13/02/04 - 9:26 PM Permalink

I agree that boost is pretty damn cool, but the way much of it is written is not "compile-time friendly". I don't believe boost is in any form a replacement for the STL, just something you use in indervidual object files to solve specific problems (in style).