Skip to main content

Attn Female Gamers/Aussie Devs - World Cyber Games

Submitted by Jacana on
Forum

I received this email the other day and thought it might be of interest to people here.

quote:
I work for Samsung Electronics' public relations company, and as Samsung is a worldwide sponsor of the upcoming World Cyber Games competition, we are looking for ways to promote gaming in the general community. One angle of this which I am particularly interested in examining (being female myself) is the lack of women in gaming and low proportion of female game developers.

I am searching for:

1. Female gamers who are interested in speaking to media about their experiences being a female gamer, how they got into it, how they would like to see the industry encourage more females to participate etc. 2. Games developers who have new games or Australian game developers with a game which they would like to demo or showcase at the World Cyber Games Australia finals in Sydney on August 30/31. At the moment we are just trying to establish who is interested in participating as we are still trying to organise everything, but if you are interested in being involved, please let me know. This would be a great opportunity for some free publicity - we expect to have a number of journalist from gaming magazines attend and I've also had some initial interest from a journalist at Triple J who is keen to speak with some gamers and local developers.

If you are interested please feel free to contact me for phone/email contact.

Posted by Jacana on
Forum

I received this email the other day and thought it might be of interest to people here.

quote:
I work for Samsung Electronics' public relations company, and as Samsung is a worldwide sponsor of the upcoming World Cyber Games competition, we are looking for ways to promote gaming in the general community. One angle of this which I am particularly interested in examining (being female myself) is the lack of women in gaming and low proportion of female game developers.

I am searching for:

1. Female gamers who are interested in speaking to media about their experiences being a female gamer, how they got into it, how they would like to see the industry encourage more females to participate etc. 2. Games developers who have new games or Australian game developers with a game which they would like to demo or showcase at the World Cyber Games Australia finals in Sydney on August 30/31. At the moment we are just trying to establish who is interested in participating as we are still trying to organise everything, but if you are interested in being involved, please let me know. This would be a great opportunity for some free publicity - we expect to have a number of journalist from gaming magazines attend and I've also had some initial interest from a journalist at Triple J who is keen to speak with some gamers and local developers.

If you are interested please feel free to contact me for phone/email contact.