Skip to main content

Email notification, problems and proposals

Submitted by Kezza on
Forum

Something has bugged me of late, because i rely entirely on email notifications to keep up to date with the form.

The email notifications don't take you to the latest post... so i often make the mistake of reading the last post on that page and mistaking it for the newest post, not noticing that the post i was notified of was on a different page.

Is there any way you could fix this? Or at least make it an option?

Another nice thing would to include a small snippet of the message (say first 20 characters), in the email... this would be really nifty.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 14/07/03 - 8:12 PM Permalink

I'll see if there is a mod that adds this kind of functionality to the forum, but at the moment, it doesn't allow any of those thing you've mentioned..

Posted by Kezza on
Forum

Something has bugged me of late, because i rely entirely on email notifications to keep up to date with the form.

The email notifications don't take you to the latest post... so i often make the mistake of reading the last post on that page and mistaking it for the newest post, not noticing that the post i was notified of was on a different page.

Is there any way you could fix this? Or at least make it an option?

Another nice thing would to include a small snippet of the message (say first 20 characters), in the email... this would be really nifty.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 14/07/03 - 8:12 PM Permalink

I'll see if there is a mod that adds this kind of functionality to the forum, but at the moment, it doesn't allow any of those thing you've mentioned..