Skip to main content

Aggregators

Submitted by mcdrewski on
Forum

Anyone out there using an RSS aggregator they're particularly happy with? I'm kinda using firefox's native functionality and it's starting to irritate me (can't tell what's read/unread etc.)

Also, I'm pronouncing "Aggregator" with a thick austrian accent, arnie style.

"I am an aggregator, a learning machine...."

Submitted by souri on Wed, 20/04/05 - 1:11 AM Permalink

Eeek... I will fix the tiny date error (damn, that's picky), the invalid urls - I'll replace the spaces with the ascii code for spaces, and the invalid character error is due to news submitters putting in crazy word document characters in their news items [:X]

Thanks for pointing me to this. [:D]

Submitted by Jacana on Wed, 20/04/05 - 2:28 AM Permalink

Blah :) I poked you in chat about it a bit ago. Thanks for fixing it Souri :) Mine is working again (I use an RSS feed on Trillian).

Submitted by souri on Wed, 20/04/05 - 2:39 AM Permalink

You should have harrassed me until I:

1. fixed the problem
2. call the police.. [;)]

Submitted by souri on Wed, 20/04/05 - 11:13 PM Permalink

Check out the feed validator now [8D]

Submitted by mcdrewski on Thu, 05/05/05 - 12:56 AM Permalink

...I am, and it's not happy with bigworld's post :)

Submitted by souri on Fri, 06/05/05 - 7:00 AM Permalink

[:X] I hate word documents..

Submitted by mcdrewski on Wed, 11/05/05 - 4:50 AM Permalink

Ok, after a lot of searching, and trying out rssreader, desktopsidebar trillian pro's plugin and a couple of others, I've finally found [url="http://www.sharpreader.net"]SharpReader[/url]. It's light and (almost) exactly what I was after. Thoroughly recommended.

Posted by mcdrewski on
Forum

Anyone out there using an RSS aggregator they're particularly happy with? I'm kinda using firefox's native functionality and it's starting to irritate me (can't tell what's read/unread etc.)

Also, I'm pronouncing "Aggregator" with a thick austrian accent, arnie style.

"I am an aggregator, a learning machine...."

Submitted by souri on Wed, 20/04/05 - 1:11 AM Permalink

Eeek... I will fix the tiny date error (damn, that's picky), the invalid urls - I'll replace the spaces with the ascii code for spaces, and the invalid character error is due to news submitters putting in crazy word document characters in their news items [:X]

Thanks for pointing me to this. [:D]

Submitted by Jacana on Wed, 20/04/05 - 2:28 AM Permalink

Blah :) I poked you in chat about it a bit ago. Thanks for fixing it Souri :) Mine is working again (I use an RSS feed on Trillian).

Submitted by souri on Wed, 20/04/05 - 2:39 AM Permalink

You should have harrassed me until I:

1. fixed the problem
2. call the police.. [;)]

Submitted by souri on Wed, 20/04/05 - 11:13 PM Permalink

Check out the feed validator now [8D]

Submitted by mcdrewski on Thu, 05/05/05 - 12:56 AM Permalink

...I am, and it's not happy with bigworld's post :)

Submitted by souri on Fri, 06/05/05 - 7:00 AM Permalink

[:X] I hate word documents..

Submitted by mcdrewski on Wed, 11/05/05 - 4:50 AM Permalink

Ok, after a lot of searching, and trying out rssreader, desktopsidebar trillian pro's plugin and a couple of others, I've finally found [url="http://www.sharpreader.net"]SharpReader[/url]. It's light and (almost) exactly what I was after. Thoroughly recommended.