Skip to main content

Are the personal folders worth having?

Forum

Just wondering as they seem to see very little action. Perhaps it would be better to have a 'pimping folder' like Polycount does. You could call it "Exhibition". Then perhaps an "Under Construction" folder for works in progresses.

The same probably goes for the 2d/3d/texture/modeller folders. These see little traffic too.

They're nice to have, but just wonder if they used enough to warrant having.

Cheers

Jono

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Tue, 12/11/02 - 10:35 AM Permalink

Oops. Didnt realise the artwork folders had been condensed.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 12/11/02 - 10:20 PM Permalink

The reason why I had members with their own forum section was that I could place their forum underneath their gallery to encourage more discussion on their work. And to an extent this worked, and people were viewing the responses as well.. Unfortunately when I upgraded the forum, all my code for the gallery bit had to be removed.
I think getting people to comment on work is probably the hardest thing to get them to do. It would be nice if there was more discussions in this area, but people just can't be bothered I guess. So yeh, I might put them all in one folder in the future.

Forum

Just wondering as they seem to see very little action. Perhaps it would be better to have a 'pimping folder' like Polycount does. You could call it "Exhibition". Then perhaps an "Under Construction" folder for works in progresses.

The same probably goes for the 2d/3d/texture/modeller folders. These see little traffic too.

They're nice to have, but just wonder if they used enough to warrant having.

Cheers

Jono

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Tue, 12/11/02 - 10:35 AM Permalink

Oops. Didnt realise the artwork folders had been condensed.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 12/11/02 - 10:20 PM Permalink

The reason why I had members with their own forum section was that I could place their forum underneath their gallery to encourage more discussion on their work. And to an extent this worked, and people were viewing the responses as well.. Unfortunately when I upgraded the forum, all my code for the gallery bit had to be removed.
I think getting people to comment on work is probably the hardest thing to get them to do. It would be nice if there was more discussions in this area, but people just can't be bothered I guess. So yeh, I might put them all in one folder in the future.