Skip to main content

RSS Feed Failure

Submitted by mcdrewski on
Forum

G'day...

Just thought I'd let you know that your RSS feed is playing a bit nasty with Firefox 1.0 (possibly with other browsers too, I don't really know)

The problem, I think, is that the tag in the mailto link for the halo acmi tournament has had it's forward slash escaped as an ampersand-hash-four-seven-semicolon, meaning that the XML isn't well-formed anymore.

Quickest way to fix it will be to simply wrap the data in the description tags in CDATA tags.

Here's the error I get, but note that the forum code is already having some problems with unescaping the & # 5 8 ; (: in mailto:halo@acmi) and the & # 4 7 ; (/ in the tag).

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Line Number 68, Column 115:
[code]
Register to play now email halo@acmi.net.au<#47;a>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
[/code]

Cheers

PPS: If you try previewing a post with ampersand escaped html codes in it, the preview pane acts differently to the actual post (the post removes ampersands!) which explains why I've just edited this post :)

Submitted by souri on Fri, 12/11/04 - 8:08 AM Permalink

Ah, ok. I didn't know about ! Very handy. I did a quick fix and it's working fine now. Thanks for the tip! [:)]

Posted by mcdrewski on
Forum

G'day...

Just thought I'd let you know that your RSS feed is playing a bit nasty with Firefox 1.0 (possibly with other browsers too, I don't really know)

The problem, I think, is that the tag in the mailto link for the halo acmi tournament has had it's forward slash escaped as an ampersand-hash-four-seven-semicolon, meaning that the XML isn't well-formed anymore.

Quickest way to fix it will be to simply wrap the data in the description tags in CDATA tags.

Here's the error I get, but note that the forum code is already having some problems with unescaping the & # 5 8 ; (: in mailto:halo@acmi) and the & # 4 7 ; (/ in the tag).

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Line Number 68, Column 115:
[code]
Register to play now email halo@acmi.net.au<#47;a>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
[/code]

Cheers

PPS: If you try previewing a post with ampersand escaped html codes in it, the preview pane acts differently to the actual post (the post removes ampersands!) which explains why I've just edited this post :)

Submitted by souri on Fri, 12/11/04 - 8:08 AM Permalink

Ah, ok. I didn't know about ! Very handy. I did a quick fix and it's working fine now. Thanks for the tip! [:)]