Skip to main content

Teach Yourself Programming in... 3652.42 days?

Submitted by redwyre on
Forum

[url]http://www.norvig.com/21-days.html[/url]

So true...

Edit: Whoops, I don't know how many days there are in a year, luckily google does ;)

Submitted by Barry Dahlberg on Sun, 14/03/04 - 12:59 PM Permalink

Haha, true. I haven't quite been programming 10 years yet but even so it's scary to look back at my early efforts and see how little I knew. I wonder how much I'll have learnt in another 10 years!

Submitted by TheBigJ on Tue, 16/03/04 - 1:26 AM Permalink

Heh heh.. My favourite is Sam's "Learn Game Programming in 24 Hours".

But seriously, I've been programming in some form or another for about ten years (more if you count C64 and QBasic) and I still have plenty to learn. Programming (especially game programming) is the sort of field where there's always more to learn.

Submitted by redwyre on Tue, 16/03/04 - 10:13 AM Permalink

The more you learn, the more you realise you don't know ;)

Submitted by TheBigJ on Tue, 16/03/04 - 11:50 AM Permalink

Indeed. "True knowledge is knowing that you know nothing".

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 28/03/04 - 11:28 PM Permalink

Homer: 'But Marge everytime i learn something new it just pushes old stuff out! Remember at that wine making class? I forgot how to drive.' Marge: 'No you werent! You were just so drunk you forgot how to drive!'

I only know very basic programming and some of the basic stuff still confuses me [:p].

Submitted by Blitz on Wed, 31/03/04 - 2:43 AM Permalink

Homer:'And how...'
")
CYer, Blitz

Posted by redwyre on
Forum

[url]http://www.norvig.com/21-days.html[/url]

So true...

Edit: Whoops, I don't know how many days there are in a year, luckily google does ;)

Submitted by Barry Dahlberg on Sun, 14/03/04 - 12:59 PM Permalink

Haha, true. I haven't quite been programming 10 years yet but even so it's scary to look back at my early efforts and see how little I knew. I wonder how much I'll have learnt in another 10 years!

Submitted by TheBigJ on Tue, 16/03/04 - 1:26 AM Permalink

Heh heh.. My favourite is Sam's "Learn Game Programming in 24 Hours".

But seriously, I've been programming in some form or another for about ten years (more if you count C64 and QBasic) and I still have plenty to learn. Programming (especially game programming) is the sort of field where there's always more to learn.

Submitted by redwyre on Tue, 16/03/04 - 10:13 AM Permalink

The more you learn, the more you realise you don't know ;)

Submitted by TheBigJ on Tue, 16/03/04 - 11:50 AM Permalink

Indeed. "True knowledge is knowing that you know nothing".

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 28/03/04 - 11:28 PM Permalink

Homer: 'But Marge everytime i learn something new it just pushes old stuff out! Remember at that wine making class? I forgot how to drive.' Marge: 'No you werent! You were just so drunk you forgot how to drive!'

I only know very basic programming and some of the basic stuff still confuses me [:p].

Submitted by Blitz on Wed, 31/03/04 - 2:43 AM Permalink

Homer:'And how...'
")
CYer, Blitz