Skip to main content

2 Player PS2 Games - Suggestions?

Submitted by Brain on
Forum

Scored a PS2 for my b'day, and finally the other day I got my second controller that came with the dealio. I now need a two player game (well, I have Eyetoy Play and Groove, but they don't need joypads @:-)

Care to make some suggestions?

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 18/02/04 - 7:37 PM Permalink

What type of two player game re you interested in, Fighting, FPS ect.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Wed, 18/02/04 - 10:09 PM Permalink

Bullet, it's a PS2, not an X-box, so no Halo. I found ROTK co-op very average, some real game mechanics issues that needed addressing. Personally I'd go grab Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2, that's if it's out yet, if not grab the first one. Virtua Tennis is great, Marvel vs Capcom 2, there's heaps really, depends what you're into.

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 18/02/04 - 10:16 PM Permalink

It seems like there are fewer and fewer multitap type games being made. Publishers are pushing online play so much that they don't seem to care about get four friends to croud around a console and sweat all over each other. Nothing beat four player Chu Chu Rocket on the DC :D

I haven't played on PS2s too much, but Space Channel 5: Part 2 was really good fun. As long as you don't take it too seriously :)

Submitted by Brain on Thu, 19/02/04 - 1:55 AM Permalink

Yeah, have Virtua Tennis on my Dreamcast already. Unsure specifically what I'm looking for... something co-op would be good. I was hoping Tenchu would be goodly, but after a hire and a bituva tonk, it didn't turn out as good as expected. I'll no doubt get a fighting game down the line, but I'd like something which two people can romp through. Baldur's Gate is an option... is there a Gauntlet game on PS2, and if so, any good? Guess owning a Tony Hawk will be mandatory, though TH2 on DC is still my love. @:-D

But yeah... make your suggestions, be it sports, racing, beat 'em up, whatever.

Submitted by Blitz on Thu, 19/02/04 - 8:53 AM Permalink

*Looks at XBox...looks at GameCube...looks at PS2....steps on PS2... "You shouldn't need a multitap to play 4 player games in this day and age!!!"
If you like mindless action fighting games with lots and lots of enemies i'd recommend the dynasty warriors series...
Is the new NBA Jam game coming out on PS2 as well? That should be a bit of fun.
CYer, Blitz

Posted by Brain on
Forum

Scored a PS2 for my b'day, and finally the other day I got my second controller that came with the dealio. I now need a two player game (well, I have Eyetoy Play and Groove, but they don't need joypads @:-)

Care to make some suggestions?

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 18/02/04 - 7:37 PM Permalink

What type of two player game re you interested in, Fighting, FPS ect.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Wed, 18/02/04 - 10:09 PM Permalink

Bullet, it's a PS2, not an X-box, so no Halo. I found ROTK co-op very average, some real game mechanics issues that needed addressing. Personally I'd go grab Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2, that's if it's out yet, if not grab the first one. Virtua Tennis is great, Marvel vs Capcom 2, there's heaps really, depends what you're into.

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 18/02/04 - 10:16 PM Permalink

It seems like there are fewer and fewer multitap type games being made. Publishers are pushing online play so much that they don't seem to care about get four friends to croud around a console and sweat all over each other. Nothing beat four player Chu Chu Rocket on the DC :D

I haven't played on PS2s too much, but Space Channel 5: Part 2 was really good fun. As long as you don't take it too seriously :)

Submitted by Brain on Thu, 19/02/04 - 1:55 AM Permalink

Yeah, have Virtua Tennis on my Dreamcast already. Unsure specifically what I'm looking for... something co-op would be good. I was hoping Tenchu would be goodly, but after a hire and a bituva tonk, it didn't turn out as good as expected. I'll no doubt get a fighting game down the line, but I'd like something which two people can romp through. Baldur's Gate is an option... is there a Gauntlet game on PS2, and if so, any good? Guess owning a Tony Hawk will be mandatory, though TH2 on DC is still my love. @:-D

But yeah... make your suggestions, be it sports, racing, beat 'em up, whatever.

Submitted by Blitz on Thu, 19/02/04 - 8:53 AM Permalink

*Looks at XBox...looks at GameCube...looks at PS2....steps on PS2... "You shouldn't need a multitap to play 4 player games in this day and age!!!"
If you like mindless action fighting games with lots and lots of enemies i'd recommend the dynasty warriors series...
Is the new NBA Jam game coming out on PS2 as well? That should be a bit of fun.
CYer, Blitz