Skip to main content

Another former Game Developer

Submitted by Daemin on
Forum

Heya, jsut thought you guys might like to know this for your "Developers" page. There was a game dev studio Ellipse Studios, down at Christies Beach South Autralia, but it closed a few years ago, and as far as I know most of the people have moved to RatBag.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 20/09/02 - 11:51 AM Permalink

Yeh, I was thinking of making an archive of Australian developers that have finished up and are no more. It'll be good just to have some sort of record of them, and Sumea is definately the site that's suited to provide that info. Another good studio was Eyst, which made the game Wartorn.. There were also lots and lots of little start ups too.. If anyone knows any other companies, give us a yell, and I'll compile a list..

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 20/09/02 - 11:42 PM Permalink

I'm hoping to have my own up in a few years :)

Submitted by Gazunta on Wed, 25/09/02 - 10:54 PM Permalink

You might be interested to know that the main programmer of Wartorn is now teach game development programming at QANTM :)

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 22/11/02 - 2:12 AM Permalink

Erm, just a little niggly error that I don't think deserves its own post.
The States for the two former game dev companies Silver Lightning software, and Ellipse studios have to be swapped, it was Ellipse that was in South Australia, and SLS in WA I believe.

-Cheers

Submitted by souri on Fri, 22/11/02 - 2:29 AM Permalink

Oops.. I've been doing some fixings on Sumea, and that slipped past.. thanks.

Posted by Daemin on
Forum

Heya, jsut thought you guys might like to know this for your "Developers" page. There was a game dev studio Ellipse Studios, down at Christies Beach South Autralia, but it closed a few years ago, and as far as I know most of the people have moved to RatBag.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 20/09/02 - 11:51 AM Permalink

Yeh, I was thinking of making an archive of Australian developers that have finished up and are no more. It'll be good just to have some sort of record of them, and Sumea is definately the site that's suited to provide that info. Another good studio was Eyst, which made the game Wartorn.. There were also lots and lots of little start ups too.. If anyone knows any other companies, give us a yell, and I'll compile a list..

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 20/09/02 - 11:42 PM Permalink

I'm hoping to have my own up in a few years :)

Submitted by Gazunta on Wed, 25/09/02 - 10:54 PM Permalink

You might be interested to know that the main programmer of Wartorn is now teach game development programming at QANTM :)

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 22/11/02 - 2:12 AM Permalink

Erm, just a little niggly error that I don't think deserves its own post.
The States for the two former game dev companies Silver Lightning software, and Ellipse studios have to be swapped, it was Ellipse that was in South Australia, and SLS in WA I believe.

-Cheers

Submitted by souri on Fri, 22/11/02 - 2:29 AM Permalink

Oops.. I've been doing some fixings on Sumea, and that slipped past.. thanks.