Skip to main content

Thread subscription emalificator?

Submitted by Kezza on
Forum

On other forums there's a feature that allows you to subscibe to a topic/thread, and if a new post has been sent since you last went there you get a little notification email thing complete with a link to the new post.

The faq for this forum says that it has this feature... but i can't seem to access it, and i'm not even sure that it exsists.

If it doesn't, it would be damn handy... if it does, where's the subcription button thingy?

Submitted by souri on Sat, 26/04/03 - 10:03 PM Permalink

I've just turned subscriptions on.. you can see a "subscribe to this topic" text and icon on every message thread now.. Also, with the Looking for work and Job openings, you can subscribe to that entire section.. so whenever someone posts a job ad in there, you'll get an email straight away.. pretty handy if you're looking for work.
Subscribing to the Looking for work section would be useful for employers..

Thanks for bringing it up. I should've had this on ages ago..

In case anyone cares, I've had to put email authentication on.. that is, if you register on this forum, Sumea will send you an email with a link to click on before you start posting.. was kinda getting sick of receiving bounced emails from people using fake email addresses to register..

Submitted by Kezza on Wed, 30/04/03 - 10:00 AM Permalink

can we make a modification to the subscribe to topic thing?
can it just send a mail the first time someone responds to the topic after your last visit?
at the moment my inbox is full of "reply to a posting" on that touch typing topic... its not that i don't want to know about it, but 4 emails a day for the same topic is getting a litttle irritating.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 30/04/03 - 8:30 PM Permalink

I don't think that's possible, unfortunately. Although that's what subcribing to topic should be like - every reply should be sent off to you.

Posted by Kezza on
Forum

On other forums there's a feature that allows you to subscibe to a topic/thread, and if a new post has been sent since you last went there you get a little notification email thing complete with a link to the new post.

The faq for this forum says that it has this feature... but i can't seem to access it, and i'm not even sure that it exsists.

If it doesn't, it would be damn handy... if it does, where's the subcription button thingy?

Submitted by souri on Sat, 26/04/03 - 10:03 PM Permalink

I've just turned subscriptions on.. you can see a "subscribe to this topic" text and icon on every message thread now.. Also, with the Looking for work and Job openings, you can subscribe to that entire section.. so whenever someone posts a job ad in there, you'll get an email straight away.. pretty handy if you're looking for work.
Subscribing to the Looking for work section would be useful for employers..

Thanks for bringing it up. I should've had this on ages ago..

In case anyone cares, I've had to put email authentication on.. that is, if you register on this forum, Sumea will send you an email with a link to click on before you start posting.. was kinda getting sick of receiving bounced emails from people using fake email addresses to register..

Submitted by Kezza on Wed, 30/04/03 - 10:00 AM Permalink

can we make a modification to the subscribe to topic thing?
can it just send a mail the first time someone responds to the topic after your last visit?
at the moment my inbox is full of "reply to a posting" on that touch typing topic... its not that i don't want to know about it, but 4 emails a day for the same topic is getting a litttle irritating.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 30/04/03 - 8:30 PM Permalink

I don't think that's possible, unfortunately. Although that's what subcribing to topic should be like - every reply should be sent off to you.