Skip to main content

findfirst( ) / findnext( ) functions in Linux

Submitted by dom on
Forum

Just wondering, what are the equivalent functions for findfirst( ), findnext( ) and findclose( ) in Linux? I'm particularly intereted in functions that portable across Win32 and *nix systems.

Submitted by tachyon on Sat, 27/03/04 - 9:40 PM Permalink

correct me if i'm wrong, but they are just included in the standard c library that comes with linux, so the equivalent functions are the same. just #include .

Submitted by Daemin on Sun, 28/03/04 - 2:26 AM Permalink

Looking at the MSVC documentation it says that the findfirst / findnext / findclose functions are win32 only. I'm sure that there are *nix compatibles out there though, just have to find them...

Can't help you more than that because I'm not much of a *nix programmer.

Posted by dom on
Forum

Just wondering, what are the equivalent functions for findfirst( ), findnext( ) and findclose( ) in Linux? I'm particularly intereted in functions that portable across Win32 and *nix systems.

Submitted by tachyon on Sat, 27/03/04 - 9:40 PM Permalink

correct me if i'm wrong, but they are just included in the standard c library that comes with linux, so the equivalent functions are the same. just #include .

Submitted by Daemin on Sun, 28/03/04 - 2:26 AM Permalink

Looking at the MSVC documentation it says that the findfirst / findnext / findclose functions are win32 only. I'm sure that there are *nix compatibles out there though, just have to find them...

Can't help you more than that because I'm not much of a *nix programmer.