Skip to main content

U-235 Screenshots

Submitted by urgrund on

hey guys,

We've finally got around to getting out some screenshots after a very busy fortnight.

These shots are the result of 2 weeks work and are straight out of the engine. I'm responsible for all art - geometry, textures, design. Chris wrote all the HLSL shaders.

Just a couple posted here... but there are more on our forum: [url]http://www.u-235studios.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35[/url]

We're getting about 20-30fps on a 6800. Raw poly counts of 500'000, over 1million if you include a daylight pass. [:D]

This one really looks best as full screen because it's a little dark in this white forum.
[img]http://www.deadlyretribution.com/screens/28012005/shot007.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.deadlyretribution.com/screens/28012005/shot008.jpg[/img]

Submitted by 3DArty on Sat, 29/01/05 - 2:52 AM Permalink

I dare say its been said befor but ( WOW )[:0]

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 29/01/05 - 8:14 AM Permalink

Those are looking really cool. Well done :)

Submitted by denz on Sat, 29/01/05 - 9:42 AM Permalink

indeed :)

i like the first one. great work.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 29/01/05 - 9:43 PM Permalink

that is looking spectacular, itll be awesome to see that in full swing.

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 30/01/05 - 1:07 AM Permalink

I'm very excited about this game. Many of us at QATNM have been saying that Australia needs a big game/engine type thing to get the attention of the rest of the world. We've had great games come out of here, but something huge like unreal, etc. would really put us on the map. and this game is looking very nice so far: fantastic looking high-end engine with nice shaders etc. if the gameplay is as good as the visuals then i think it'll be a huge step forward for the australian industry.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 30/01/05 - 3:56 AM Permalink

I agree! We really haven't done a title (of recent times) that would be of a huge interest to the hardcore PC gamer. The types of games where a million game portal sites regurgitate news over and over about, where rabid fans salivate over each new screenshot. Granted, it seems like only FPS's are the only types of games that garner this type of attention, but if that's where the audience is (well, on the PC), why isn't there more happening. I mean, we all love FPS's, don't we? Wouldn't we love to make them instead of more niche kind of games?
I know, people are going to chime in that the bucks are on the consoles where titles sell a multitude more times than on the PC, and the FPS genre in the PC market is perhaps saturated and extremely competitive, but I seriously reckon there's enough professional talent here that can rival the Half Life 2's and Doom 3's (as long as you don't put your game out near their release date [;)]).

Actually, I just realised that Tribes: Vengeance is one of those locally made titles that got that media attention. Anyway, the U-235 screenshots look great!! If there's one thing that gets the attention of hardcode PC gamers and news sites, it's impressive screenshots!

BTW, can someone tell me what U-235 Studios were before they were renamed? I'm sure I have their old name in the database that I need to update.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 30/01/05 - 6:08 AM Permalink

Souri : As far as I know U-235 didnt have a name before hand. They are pretty new crew =)

Submitted by minstral on Sun, 30/01/05 - 7:40 AM Permalink

A quick response to a couple of Posts

Souri: As the other half of the team that produced these screen shots ( I wrote the shaders etc, urgrund did the textures and models) I can tell you that u235 studios is a new development studio formed very recently (less then half a year ago). This is the first title from the studio.

LiveWire: I actually attended QANTM as a student until work commmitments forced me to end my study there. And I agree with what you said.

There are a few other big games in development here in Australia so hopefully we can make an impact on the rest of the world with the quality of work done here in Aus

Submitted by LiveWire on Mon, 31/01/05 - 6:07 AM Permalink

dont worry Souri i'll back you up. i'm sure i saw a news item on their main page a couple of weeks back saying they are "now called U-235 studios". weather the game name or compnay name was different i dont know. perhaps it was just the website name was different, cos i'm sure the same news item said "the new web address is www.u-235studios.com"

Posted by urgrund on

hey guys,

We've finally got around to getting out some screenshots after a very busy fortnight.

These shots are the result of 2 weeks work and are straight out of the engine. I'm responsible for all art - geometry, textures, design. Chris wrote all the HLSL shaders.

Just a couple posted here... but there are more on our forum: [url]http://www.u-235studios.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35[/url]

We're getting about 20-30fps on a 6800. Raw poly counts of 500'000, over 1million if you include a daylight pass. [:D]

This one really looks best as full screen because it's a little dark in this white forum.
[img]http://www.deadlyretribution.com/screens/28012005/shot007.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.deadlyretribution.com/screens/28012005/shot008.jpg[/img]

Submitted by 3DArty on Sat, 29/01/05 - 2:52 AM Permalink

I dare say its been said befor but ( WOW )[:0]

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 29/01/05 - 8:14 AM Permalink

Those are looking really cool. Well done :)

Submitted by denz on Sat, 29/01/05 - 9:42 AM Permalink

indeed :)

i like the first one. great work.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 29/01/05 - 9:43 PM Permalink

that is looking spectacular, itll be awesome to see that in full swing.

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 30/01/05 - 1:07 AM Permalink

I'm very excited about this game. Many of us at QATNM have been saying that Australia needs a big game/engine type thing to get the attention of the rest of the world. We've had great games come out of here, but something huge like unreal, etc. would really put us on the map. and this game is looking very nice so far: fantastic looking high-end engine with nice shaders etc. if the gameplay is as good as the visuals then i think it'll be a huge step forward for the australian industry.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 30/01/05 - 3:56 AM Permalink

I agree! We really haven't done a title (of recent times) that would be of a huge interest to the hardcore PC gamer. The types of games where a million game portal sites regurgitate news over and over about, where rabid fans salivate over each new screenshot. Granted, it seems like only FPS's are the only types of games that garner this type of attention, but if that's where the audience is (well, on the PC), why isn't there more happening. I mean, we all love FPS's, don't we? Wouldn't we love to make them instead of more niche kind of games?
I know, people are going to chime in that the bucks are on the consoles where titles sell a multitude more times than on the PC, and the FPS genre in the PC market is perhaps saturated and extremely competitive, but I seriously reckon there's enough professional talent here that can rival the Half Life 2's and Doom 3's (as long as you don't put your game out near their release date [;)]).

Actually, I just realised that Tribes: Vengeance is one of those locally made titles that got that media attention. Anyway, the U-235 screenshots look great!! If there's one thing that gets the attention of hardcode PC gamers and news sites, it's impressive screenshots!

BTW, can someone tell me what U-235 Studios were before they were renamed? I'm sure I have their old name in the database that I need to update.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 30/01/05 - 6:08 AM Permalink

Souri : As far as I know U-235 didnt have a name before hand. They are pretty new crew =)

Submitted by minstral on Sun, 30/01/05 - 7:40 AM Permalink

A quick response to a couple of Posts

Souri: As the other half of the team that produced these screen shots ( I wrote the shaders etc, urgrund did the textures and models) I can tell you that u235 studios is a new development studio formed very recently (less then half a year ago). This is the first title from the studio.

LiveWire: I actually attended QANTM as a student until work commmitments forced me to end my study there. And I agree with what you said.

There are a few other big games in development here in Australia so hopefully we can make an impact on the rest of the world with the quality of work done here in Aus

Submitted by LiveWire on Mon, 31/01/05 - 6:07 AM Permalink

dont worry Souri i'll back you up. i'm sure i saw a news item on their main page a couple of weeks back saying they are "now called U-235 studios". weather the game name or compnay name was different i dont know. perhaps it was just the website name was different, cos i'm sure the same news item said "the new web address is www.u-235studios.com"