Skip to main content

PS2 homebrew dev

Submitted by SubZero on
Forum

Hey, is anyone here doing any PS2 homebrew coding? Any engines currently in the pipes that are running on the PS2? I'm currently putting together an engine on the PC which I want to get onto the PS2 platform ASAP. Anyone know of any tech references, particularly for Emotion Engine core, besides the ps2dev.org?

Submitted by matt davo on Thu, 08/12/05 - 3:52 AM Permalink

Sort of played with it this week for the first time. First hint... DO NOT UPDATE PS2 to 2.0 firmware... it's a pain to get back to 1.52

Submitted by lorien on Thu, 08/12/05 - 7:11 AM Permalink

Matt, that's PS2 not PSP- you and drunk forum postings... [;)]

Getting something complex going on the PS2 is likely to be tricky. There are reams and reams of docs that come with PS2-Linux.

Submitted by matt davo on Thu, 08/12/05 - 8:15 AM Permalink

ooooohhhh... rriiiiigghhhttt... well home brew on PSP isn't all that difficult from what I've seen... you just have to NOT value your PSP too much...

Submitted by matt davo on Thu, 08/12/05 - 8:21 AM Permalink

I don't mean Lorien either. Lorien knows what the heap actually bloody is... (and as to my knowledge lorien never worked for bullant either)...

Posted by SubZero on
Forum

Hey, is anyone here doing any PS2 homebrew coding? Any engines currently in the pipes that are running on the PS2? I'm currently putting together an engine on the PC which I want to get onto the PS2 platform ASAP. Anyone know of any tech references, particularly for Emotion Engine core, besides the ps2dev.org?

Submitted by matt davo on Thu, 08/12/05 - 3:52 AM Permalink

Sort of played with it this week for the first time. First hint... DO NOT UPDATE PS2 to 2.0 firmware... it's a pain to get back to 1.52

Submitted by lorien on Thu, 08/12/05 - 7:11 AM Permalink

Matt, that's PS2 not PSP- you and drunk forum postings... [;)]

Getting something complex going on the PS2 is likely to be tricky. There are reams and reams of docs that come with PS2-Linux.

Submitted by matt davo on Thu, 08/12/05 - 8:15 AM Permalink

ooooohhhh... rriiiiigghhhttt... well home brew on PSP isn't all that difficult from what I've seen... you just have to NOT value your PSP too much...

Submitted by matt davo on Thu, 08/12/05 - 8:21 AM Permalink

I don't mean Lorien either. Lorien knows what the heap actually bloody is... (and as to my knowledge lorien never worked for bullant either)...