Skip to main content

Bitmap background of the forum...

Submitted by bomberman on
Forum

I see in this bitmap the text:
Sumea Launchpad: Destroy them my robots

Is this a tribute to this fabulous game Impossible Mission ??? [;)]

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 28/11/03 - 6:49 PM Permalink

Somewhere in this area is a question on how Souri came up with the name 'Sumea'. If I remember corectly, that question is also answered. I would love to tell you the answer, but I forget :p Just do a search and it should come up.

Submitted by souri on Sat, 29/11/03 - 5:29 AM Permalink

It's the name of a really old Amiga demo that I liked.

And yeh, that line is from Impossible Mission [:)] - although I think I got it a bit wrong.. It should be "Destroy him my robots", since there was just you versus them. Why did I think it was so memorable? Well, it was the first time I heard realistic kinda speech on a computer, and it blew me away. [:)]

Submitted by bomberman on Sat, 29/11/03 - 8:53 AM Permalink

Do not remember this demo at all... If you like old C64 and Amiga demos and intros head to:
http://www.docsnyderspage.de/flash.htm

You're right, it's "Destroy him my robots". For me the first game to have good speech was the second game I bought back in 84: Ghostbusters, by David Crane... Still playing it today [:D]

Submitted by souri on Tue, 02/12/03 - 3:43 AM Permalink

Wow.. that guy must really like those C64 intro/cracktros! He seems to have put some *serious* effort in it. I mean, you'd have to rip all the graphics, sprites, fonts, music etc as well as replicating the routines. Sinus scrollers and copper bar effects aplenty!!

And the best place to get Amiga demos, by far, is www.back2roots.org !

Posted by bomberman on
Forum

I see in this bitmap the text:
Sumea Launchpad: Destroy them my robots

Is this a tribute to this fabulous game Impossible Mission ??? [;)]

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 28/11/03 - 6:49 PM Permalink

Somewhere in this area is a question on how Souri came up with the name 'Sumea'. If I remember corectly, that question is also answered. I would love to tell you the answer, but I forget :p Just do a search and it should come up.

Submitted by souri on Sat, 29/11/03 - 5:29 AM Permalink

It's the name of a really old Amiga demo that I liked.

And yeh, that line is from Impossible Mission [:)] - although I think I got it a bit wrong.. It should be "Destroy him my robots", since there was just you versus them. Why did I think it was so memorable? Well, it was the first time I heard realistic kinda speech on a computer, and it blew me away. [:)]

Submitted by bomberman on Sat, 29/11/03 - 8:53 AM Permalink

Do not remember this demo at all... If you like old C64 and Amiga demos and intros head to:
http://www.docsnyderspage.de/flash.htm

You're right, it's "Destroy him my robots". For me the first game to have good speech was the second game I bought back in 84: Ghostbusters, by David Crane... Still playing it today [:D]

Submitted by souri on Tue, 02/12/03 - 3:43 AM Permalink

Wow.. that guy must really like those C64 intro/cracktros! He seems to have put some *serious* effort in it. I mean, you'd have to rip all the graphics, sprites, fonts, music etc as well as replicating the routines. Sinus scrollers and copper bar effects aplenty!!

And the best place to get Amiga demos, by far, is www.back2roots.org !