Skip to main content

SpaceShip design: Valintine

Submitted by Caroo on

NO idea wether to put this thing in ether Design or Exhibition.

Done in Flash it's a bunch of concept art bundled together into a top view blue print of the main spaceship of the game concept I?m creating for my design folio. It?s also got some back-story to give the ship and the world it's representing some depth.

It's not industry level concept art. But I believe that it'll help in my folio overall. Anyways have fun looking and reading and tell me what you think about it? ^^

caroo ? The before 20 project

http://www.furry.org.au/caroo/ship%20design.html

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 31/01/06 - 5:17 AM Permalink

Excellent! the ground work is all done, but I think the presentation could benefit from more room, dont have text over the top of drawings etc - makes some parts hard to read and gives the whole thing a really cluttered feeling - give the document some more whitespace! dont fear the whitespace!

Use this format to show off all the pieces in your folio and your ideas should be really simple to follow. A KEY ingredient to any good game designers work.

Good Stuff!

Submitted by Caroo on Tue, 31/01/06 - 6:21 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by HazarD

Excellent! the ground work is all done, but I think the presentation could benefit from more room, dont have text over the top of drawings etc - makes some parts hard to read and gives the whole thing a really cluttered feeling - give the document some more whitespace! dont fear the whitespace!

Use this format to show off all the pieces in your folio and your ideas should be really simple to follow. A KEY ingredient to any good game designers work.

Good Stuff!

Thanks tons mate for the compliments and pointers. the size is already at a large 1000x1000 pixels. i made it this way to not give to much greaf to those running on 800X1200 and lower.

i found it quite a pain to get everything in. it does suffer form clogging. that'll be refined in future flash concepts.

thanks mate.

Posted by Caroo on

NO idea wether to put this thing in ether Design or Exhibition.

Done in Flash it's a bunch of concept art bundled together into a top view blue print of the main spaceship of the game concept I?m creating for my design folio. It?s also got some back-story to give the ship and the world it's representing some depth.

It's not industry level concept art. But I believe that it'll help in my folio overall. Anyways have fun looking and reading and tell me what you think about it? ^^

caroo ? The before 20 project

http://www.furry.org.au/caroo/ship%20design.html

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 31/01/06 - 5:17 AM Permalink

Good Stuff!

Submitted by Caroo on Tue, 31/01/06 - 6:21 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by HazarD

Good Stuff!

Thanks tons mate for the compliments and pointers. the size is already at a large 1000x1000 pixels. i made it this way to not give to much greaf to those running on 800X1200 and lower.

i found it quite a pain to get everything in. it does suffer form clogging. that'll be refined in future flash concepts.

thanks mate.