Authored byLiam Esler
Authored onMonday, 13 September, 2021 - 9:13 AM
Narrative description of role
Summerfall Studios is looking for a Cinematic Editor to implement cutscenes in Chorus: An Adventure Musical, alongside our Art Team on a 12-month contract.
Using storyboards as a reference, you will implement 2D assets in Unreal using the Sequencer tool to create cutscenes. You will also be working with the Art Team to track asset use and reuse, and with the Audio team to ensure audio plays in the right places.
You do not need to know Unreal in order to apply for this role, but you must have strong video editing skills and be willing to transfer those skills into new software and pipelines.
To see an early example video of how Chorus’ cutscenes might look, take a look at this video from our Fig campaign! Things have advanced fairly significantly from there, but it gives a (very basic) sense of what we’re looking for.
We are passionate about finding and attracting the right talent, and we encourage underrepresented candidates to apply. Perspective and life experience are valuable and important to us. We are a team diverse on a number of axes and are excited to explore and expand in order to make the best possible games together.
This role is a full-time 12 month contract located in Melbourne, Australia. It is open to Australian citizens, residents, those legally able to live and work in Australia, and live in or are prepared to relocate to Melbourne (once COVID restrictions are lifted).
This is ideally not a remote role, although we will consider remote within AUNZ for the right candidate (who must be legally able to work in Australia without additional visa support). We are currently remote under COVID and plan to return to the office when it is safe to do so. Our office is located in South Melbourne. Unfortunately, we are not able to support international work visas for this position.
The remuneration for this position is $55-70k AUD package, negotiable depending on experience.
- Use Unreal Engine’s cameras and Sequencer tool to implement 2D cutscene content including art and audio
- Work with our Senior Engineer to improve our asset implementation pipeline
- Collaborate with the Art and Audio teams to take cutscenes to a high level of quality
- Communicate with Production about timelines, progress, and issues
- Demonstrated experience with video editing software
- Demonstrated experience collaborating in a team environment
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to aesthetic detail
- Previous experience with mixed in-house/remote development
- Experience in Unreal Engine development, particularly with the Sequencer tool
- Experience in animation or animatics
- Has worked with/alongside Storyboard Pro before
- Strong sense of comedic and dramatic timing
Culture & Benefits
- Work with a world-class team to create something innovative and new
- Flexible hours and work policies
- Growth opportunities, mentoring, and support
- A focus on work-life balance and a commitment to minimising any overwork
- Up to 6 week of annual leave, and an environment where you’re encouraged to take it!
Even if you don’t meet all the criteria, we encourage you to apply as we offer lots of learning and development. We are open to talk to applicants from other industries with equivalent experience as well. We are particularly welcoming of diverse applicants, but are interested in anyone and everyone who feels they would be a valuable addition to our team.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Cinematic Editor Role” in the title, along with your cover letter and resume, and links to the videos or whatever you feel best demonstrates your editing skills.
The deadline to apply for our Cinematic Editor position is 11pm October 1st, 2021 AEST.
Summerfall Studios is an indie game developer, currently working on the star-studded project, Chorus: An Adventure Musical. We are a friendly, experienced team with a wealth of knowledge and understanding of the industry, as well as a commitment and desire to innovate.
Our office in South Melbourne is spacious, bright, and allows for safe and distanced working practices. As we navigate through the current challenges, we offer flexible working arrangements. We want our employees to feel safe, protected, and supported. At Summerfall, we pride ourselves for sustaining a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We are always on the lookout for people who are enthusiastic, adaptable, and driven by an adventurous spirit. If this sounds like you, apply to be part of the team!