Authored onWednesday, 8 September, 2021 - 2:36 PM
Who We Are:
Aconite is an independent game developer, based in San Francisco, California.
We’re a globally distributed team, who work fully remotely together.
We’re multi-award winning for our first title, HoloVista.
We build immersive games that blur the lines between reality and fiction. We use emerging technologies to tell stories and to bring players together in new ways.
We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion, and we highly encourage applications from diverse candidates. Please note, with the volume of applicants we get, we often can only contact successful applicants.
- Competitive remuneration for exciting, innovative and collaborative work
- Remote work that’s flexible and supportive - set hours as you need in your Time Zone
- Potential for ongoing work - we like to keep staff across multiple projects, wherever possible
- Sustainable working hours, in a no-crunch environment with an emphasis on work-life balance
- Work alongside experts and connect with a wide range of industry supports
- Encouragement and support for professional development opportunities and upskilling
As our Game Designer, you'd be responsible for the below.
- Collaborate with studio leads, producer and narrative designer on a new multiplayer location-based mobile game
- Build on established design pillars to refine and validate the core loop
- Provide input on the game’s vision and help to distill the vision into rules and parameters for features and systems
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Collaborate with studio leads on designing tests to validate gameplay mechanic
- 4+ years of professional game design experience
- Experience designing multiplayer games
- Passion for immersive experiences, theatre, acting, and interactive art
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with mobile development and deployment at scale
We'd love to hear from diverse applicants.
Please apply and share with your networks, even if you feel you don't meet every requirement!