Authored byWeta Workshop
Authored onMonday, 13 December, 2021 - 2:25 PM
- Help us develop breath-taking games across a variety of platforms within Wētā Workshop’s Interactive division.
- Fun, collaborative team that looks out for each other.
- Full-time role with flexible work-life balance arrangements
Specialists in creating rich worlds of wonder and telling immersive stories. For over 30 years, Wētā Workshop has been pushing the boundaries, earning multiple awards for our ground-breaking work in film and games. Based in Wellington, NZ we work with the biggest names in the entertainment industry to deliver unforgettable experiences to our fans the world over.
As a 3D Game Artist, you will be reporting to our Art Director and working in conjunction with the rest of the Interactive division to build delightful games to captivate our fans. In this role you will create an array of compelling and beautiful art for characters, environments, and props.
What will you be doing?
- Creating compelling, authentic, and visually pleasing in-game art.
- Liaising with the Interactive team and stakeholders. This includes the Art Director to ensure style and quality and the Technical Lead to create high performant assets.
- Project Planning covering task breakdowns and planning for milestones. Engaging in the R&D of new tools and technologies relevant to the project.
- Actively participating in project planning, content reviews and playtesting sessions.
- UV mapping and texture preparation.
- Integrating into Unity and testing in-game.
- 3D modelling.
What we’re looking for from you
- Someone who is adaptable to different styles and methods.
- A portfolio exhibiting a well-developed sense of design and a keen eye for detail.
- Games industry experience, with at least 1 shipped title.
- Proficiency with Maya.
- Good knowledge of Substance Designer
- Experience with Unity
- Concept design skills are a bonus.
What we can offer you
- Flexible working arrangements so you can work in a way that’s best for you and create a work-life balance.
- Our studio is dog friendly, so feel free to bring them along. We can assure you they’ll get lots of pats to keep them happy.
- Each Friday we have a social get together in the late afternoon. We also have social events throughout the year.
- Professional development opportunities so you can continue to grow and blossom.
We’re a fun, collaborative team, who look out for and support one another. As a creative business, we know that inspiration is achieved by working with people who have a range of experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where our team members feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. After all, games are for everyone.
Sound like you? We are reviewing applications as they come in so please Apply now through the link below!
For more information, please contact email@example.com