Authored onTuesday, 21 December, 2021 - 8:40 PM
About the role
The Department Coordinator provides leadership for Games Design programs. Working closely with the Academic Coordinator, this leadership role encompasses the academic quality management of the Games Design department, staff development, coordination of academic support for students.
It also involves leading by example through exemplary content creation, delivery and assessment marking as well as participation in the quality assurance and continuous improvement processes.
The role also pro-actively promotes the achievements of SAE, its students and staff and builds relationships to further promote the Institute's programs within the wider professional community. This position plays an important role in shaping and developing the curriculum and academic direction for SAE at a campus and national level.
The position is based in Melbourne.
The person we seek will ideally have the following:
- A related Masters qualification or higher
- Minimum of three years' professional industry practice in games or creative media with an established portfolio of work
- Team leadership experience either in an educational or professional environment
- Teaching or training experience either in a higher education or professional environment
- Experience in Games Development software such as Unity and Unreal
- Passion to assist students reach their full academic potential while providing an outstanding student experience
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills
- High level of agile critical thinking and problem-solving ability
What we can offer you:
- Career opportunities globally and professional development
- Fun, Creative, modern facilities
- Collegial and collaborative environment focussing on academic excellence
- Health and Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, doscounted mobvie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
SAE's collaborative, project-based approach to creative media education provides students with a hands-on, collaborative and industry aligned way to achieve formal qualifications. SAE students and staff have access to the best industry equipment and facilities and are supported to develop collaborative, industry-relevant projects throughout their studies.
Work placements and employability skills are deeply embedded in SAE's approach and act as a pathway for employment and life-long learning, SAE's whole of institution approach to practice-based, industry-aligned learning and teaching is designed to give its graduates an unfair advantage.
Diversity and Inclusion
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply
For enquiries about the role, please contact David Squires on 03 8632 3414 or email@example.com.
Applications close on Friday, 14 January, 2022 at 23:59 pm. However, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.