[Hiring - Art Director - Full Time - 12 Month Contract - Sydney]
Chaos Theory is looking for an experienced game art director to help shape the future direction of our company and the projects that we work on. The position will see you working with our art and development teams to manage and deliver a consistent artistic vision for our games.
This is a 12-month contract for a specific project starting in January, however, we are open to a permanent position for the right candidate.
We are looking for candidates based in or willing to relocate to Sydney and this role will see you working both remote and on-site in our Chippendale office.
Why Chaos Theory
- Work on games that have a positive impact on the world and improve the quality of life of players.
- A role that works with your lifestyle: flexible working hours, a centrally-based office, and a competitive rate.
- Taking a senior role in a studio with 20 full-time staff means that you will be integral in shaping the future of our company.
- Winner of Serious Game of The Year 2021 & 2019 at the Australian Game Developer Awards. You will get to work on innovative and impact-focused projects.
- Strong company community with regular game nights, Friday lunches, 1-on-1's, and other events.
- We offer an open and inclusive work environment and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Working with clients and other senior team members to establish an artistic direction for our games.
- Gathering visual reference, creating mood boards and style guides.
- Writing art production briefs, creative briefs, and any other supporting documentation.
- Creating sketches, thumbnails, storyboards, and other assets to refine the creative vision.
- Managing and directing a team of artists to execute on a consistent vision and quality.
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to other team members.
- 3+ years’ experience leading the artistic direction for projects in games, film, or TV, etc.
- An in-depth understanding of the games art pipeline.
- Highly proficient with the Adobe Suite and Unity.
- Capable concept art skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A broad range of artistic tastes and experience.
- A love for games!
Nice To Haves
- Concept art experience, including creating sketches and high fidelity 2D art.
- 3D game art asset production experience, including all stages of the 3D art production pipeline.
More details on how to apply: https://www.chaostheorygames.com/jobs/art-director